Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
We are currently looking at a 2015 Hymer Exsis 414i, unusually this has the 3 litre engine coupled to a comfortmatic gearbox.

I’m finding it very difficult to find much info on this model, can anyone help with reviews or advice/experience with this vehicle? I’ve tried to find old brochures reviews etc on line with no luck, does anyone have a link to an archive with information on discontinued Hymer models?

Thanks,
Chris

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a 2016 brochure & 2015 Price list I can scan bits of for you.
The 414 has a very short wheelbase so will probably have a choppy ride I know the short B class's did.
Our last van was an Exsis i678.

Is it the one at Highbridge? It seems way overpriced.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Lenny,

Yes that’s the one, I did think that but I could only find one other for sale, same price, year younger, lower mileage, but without auto box, and hydraulic levelling so it’s a difficult thing to judge. Am I right in thinking that that was about the price new?
Thanks it would be interesting to see the brochures and price list.
One of the things we liked about the van was of course the size, and the layout, which didn’t feel at all cramped and well built. I haven’t had a test drive, so if I do I’ll try and check out any choppiness in the ride, according to the build sheet there do appear to be some suspension upgrades so maybe that will sort it out?
After I looked at the van they got back to me and told me that they had had it weighed, with the fitted options the payload is 570kgs which I think would be plenty for the two of us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Jamesh,

I saw this one, I was hoping for something a bit more detailed, this a bit like a sales ad 🤔

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We were after a 6m van. We did consider the Hymer Exsis 414. It had a lot going for it, it's a 6m a-class with a reasonable garage (also see the rare Fiat Rapido 803F). The Hymer is also slightly narrower too, which is good. But in the end, we preferred the extra living space of the 'rear bathroom' layout that the competitors provided. See Pilote G600L, Roller Team Pegaso 590 and Geist i585. We picked up our Geist a few months ago.

Upvote 0

DBop

Free Member
Dec 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I did see a 2016 Exsis 414 for sale on motorhome depot website for the same price.
Different spec engine - 2.3 and not sure the differences in extra kit.

Upvote 0

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Not sure if this will work, but here’s the 2015 price list. Lots of info on std and extra features, layout etc.

Attachments

• PL_RM_GB_mPreisblatt_low.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Lenny,

Yes that’s the one, I did think that but I could only find one other for sale, same price, year younger, lower mileage, but without auto box, and hydraulic levelling so it’s a difficult thing to judge. Am I right in thinking that that was about the price new?
One of the things we liked about the van was of course the size, and the layout, which didn’t feel at all cramped and well built. I haven’t had a test drive, so if I do I’ll try and check out any choppiness in the ride, according to the build sheet there do appear to be some suspension upgrades so maybe that will sort it out?
After I looked at the van they got back to me and told me that they had had it weighed, with the fitted options the payload is 570kgs which I think would be plenty for the two of us.
It would have been around 54k base price about 70k list price if it had a reasonable amount of extras fitted inc., the 3lt & Comformatic. We bought our 678 in Belgium and saved 18k over UK list price.

Payload should be OK the payload on the base vehicle is 780kg & you could upgrade to 3850kg we did on out 678.

Do check carefully for corrosion some places to check, bottom corners of drivers door and und bottom window rubber on drivers door, around all cutouts- fridge vents, mains & water inlets etc.

I'll scan some info for you later & PM them to you.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
Hi Lenny,

I think I just bought the other one, 2016, only done 9,100 miles, doesn’t actually look as though either of the beds have been slept in…..
We traded our Autosleeper Warwick Duo against it, just having a solar panel and Gaslow system fitted then we are good to go. Chris, did you buy the other one? I would have liked an auto, our last Hymer had a Sprintshift-but the Autosleeper was manual so we are used to gears again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Monty,
No we decided against it in the end, there were many things to like but we thought it was just too expensive and our current van is perfectly usable, one of the main deciding factors was the size of the garage, whilst generous, we couldn’t fit our 2 electric mountain bikes in there and if we were going to spend that kind of money then they would have to!
Hope you enjoy yours, if we didn’t have the (expensive) bikes then maybe we would have thought again, who knows, when the knees finally give out then maybe we’ll look for another one because we really did love the layout.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
Well I am hoping that our bikes will fit in there…….my Mrs has a Trek electric mtb which will have to share the garage with either my Ti hardtail or my Ti gravel bike, I don’t think I will ever take my road bike away with me. I measured the load area and they should fit sort of top to tail although I may have to loosen the stem and turn the bars. This will be the first thing I try once we get it home-I will let you know how I get on…….

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
Hi Monty,
No we decided against it in the end, there were many things to like but we thought it was just too expensive and our current van is perfectly usable, one of the main deciding factors was the size of the garage, whilst generous, we couldn’t fit our 2 electric mountain bikes in there and if we were going to spend that kind of money then they would have to!
Hope you enjoy yours, if we didn’t have the (expensive) bikes then maybe we would have thought again, who knows, when the knees finally give out then maybe we’ll look for another one because we really did love the layout.
Well both our bikes fitted easily, one facing left, the other right. Enough space for both our reclining outside chairs, tools, surfboards etc, etc. Went up to the Peak District for a couple of nights to try it out and all good-we kept our last Hymer for 7 years and I think this one will be a keeper as well.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back