Sep 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
since 2014
Hi

The lights (3 halogen spots) in our Hymer B510 Starline have suddenly stopped working. The obvious answer would appear to be a blown fuse but I can't find such a fuse. I have checked all of the fuses on the EBL99.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If all three have failed look for common points of connection. The fuse is first and you have done that. Are they all on the same switch? Is there 12v at the lights? Is there 0v (earth) at the lights? The lights in my Hymer are only fused at the EBL99 so check that all the EBL99 fuses that should have power to them actually do have power to them. This might help:

http://ourbumble.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Electrobloc-EBL99K.pdf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The fuse will be either Kreis1 or Kreis2 (Circuit 1 or Circuit 2).

Next check if power is reaching supply side of the fuse.

Next, there may be a distribution block somewhere (mine is in a cupboard near the water heater) with push-on terminals where the wires split to the separate lamps or other items in the circuit. Look for loose/bad connections and strained/damaged wiring.

OP
OP
fraefreuchie

fraefreuchie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions. The three lights in the toilet area are on the same switch. All other lights are working. I had suspected the switch but I will look for a distribution block and get my multi meter out. It is really helpful when someone remote from the problem helps to clarify my thinking.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On our Hymer we have a totally unexplained failure of our rear 12V socket periodically, no volts at socket

all fuses always OK

some time back I tried switching off and back on the electrobloc, all OK after o_O(y)

although one occasion I had to also remove the main 50A fuse and refit, not change, just another form of reset I guessed (y)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I have an old Hymer but maybe the fuses are in the same place?

I have two sets of fuses. One in a box to the left of the steering wheel (but I am LHD) and the other is cunningly located under the glove box compartment. You have to turn a level to get the panel to drop down.

Good luck.

OP
OP
fraefreuchie

fraefreuchie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
since 2014
Thanks again to everyone for their helpful suggestions. In the end I traced the fault to a poorly connected spade connector on the back of the switch. Along the way I have discovered where the distribution board is ( hidden behind the boiler) and that only half of my lights are LED. Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back