Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Senior moment, forgot to retract steps before driving off bent bottom step Anywhere I can get it strighten up or shall i go ahead and ring hymer for new steps

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
support your local blacksmith

don't you have a step alarm?

Id say the fact that it got damaged would suggest not :winky:

Oh and why not try your local sheet metal fabrications businesses, they would be able to replace any bent bits if needed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Senior moment, forgot to retract steps before driving off bent bottom step Anywhere I can get it strighten up or shall i go ahead and ring hymer for new steps

Will no doubt be a gold plated price, your welcome to pop in if your passing and we will have a look.

Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Will no doubt be a gold plated price, your welcome to pop in if your passing and we will have a look.

Peter

cannot drive it as both steps are sticking out, will have to detach it from bodywork 1st Is it a DIY 10hour job??? Will take it to professionals once I can move it.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
cannot drive it as both steps are sticking out, will have to detach it from bodywork 1st Is it a DIY 10hour job??? Will take it to professionals once I can move it.
:ROFLMAO: I would think more of a couple of hours to remove straighten and replace :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Goldwinger
Thanks so much for the link now knowing what parts I need

Terry
NOT so quick You forgot I am the real Novice DIY, just came in 1/2 hours ago, started mid morning including a trip to buy all the tools I needed from Halford but at least van can be moved Bought a small stool also replacing the steps :RollEyes::RollEyes:

Upvote 0

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi All a few of the posts on here today started me guessing, I am sure it has been started somewhere on here before? but what would you like on your MH to make your life just that little bit more bearable, my Oyster dish goes down at ignition so that it cannot get damaged, step alarms are a good idea but I personally would like a hose that retracts into the locker/ garage same with my EHU over to you knowledgable folk,please keep it clean and serious. ha ha as if!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi All a few of the posts on here today started me guessing, I am sure it has been started somewhere on here before? but what would you like on your MH to make your life just that little bit more bearable, my Oyster dish goes down at ignition so that it cannot get damaged, step alarms are a good idea but I personally would like a hose that retracts into the locker/ garage same with my EHU over to you knowledgable folk,please keep it clean and serious. ha ha as if!!!

Would not use the word bearable (sounds like torture, we buy leisure products out of own free will) may be i would say EASIER , i only acquired my 1st/present MH 3 weeks ago, Still trying to undestand everything babitation/machanical before venturing out. may be a locally placed dealership would make life easier. Afterall you can not just take it to your local garage like you do with a car. So call professional help usually miles away, early days but my limited experiences with MH centres did not inspired confidence hence taking the DIY route 1ST TIME.
Without the help from fellow funsters in this forum and one other forum:thumb: I wound be totaly lost

Upvote 0

John Gray

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Huntly
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hymer Step

Hi,
I got some parts for my step (Hymer 564)from Peter Hambilton in Preston, Maybe he can help??

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

Been there done that. First Day in Germany. Got step back with some effort.

Got a replacement next day from Link Removed

Brownhills quoted 6 to 8 weeks delivery. Price was better from O'Learys as well

The step is even marked Hymer. I replaced the single step with a double for B Class. This made getting in and out of the S700 much easier.

Link Removed [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Omnistor Omnistep 380mm Wide Double Electrically Operated Step (Fits older Hymer B class motorhomes) [/SIZE][/FONT]

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years

Retractable hose (Designed for air but works just as well with water!!!)

Link Removed

Retractable Power Cable (you will need to change the plugs to suit your m/h)

Link Removed

Next Question please :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I'd like an awning that goes out and retracts at the press of a button. The A&E Awning that I currentley have was designed by a retard.

I'd like some sewer hose that doesnt wrap itself around my neck when I'm tring to put it away.

And yes, some water hose that is easily stowed.

Jim
:winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back