Hymer Dynamic Line Water Ingress Issues (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting meeting at dealers today with the warranty manager and head technician, Hymer have apparently sent out a seal kit and instructions to do both rear wheel arches. At my insistance we looked at the alcove on a new B588DL on the forecourt and the structural implications of renewing the damaged panels technician didn’t see a problem, they have it in writing a bodge up job will not be accepted. So van is booked in for 3rd December and they require it for at least a week to rectify the other outstanding warranty issues.

Did you see what the seal kit consisted of Stewart.
The repair of the inside will be the hardest bit.

Last edited:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Ours leaked, through a bit a hardened sealant but because it is an ‘exalted Hymer’ it suffered no damage whatsoever
Looking at the pictures in the post though there may not be structural damage there certainly looks like a lot of cosmetic damage with all that mould and dampness, not sure if you would ever get rid of it without replacing it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Contacted dealers on Friday the sealing has been completed asked them to send photos to satisfy my engineering head, replied I would be shown some once we collect van on completion of the other long standing warranty issues.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
16024D35-4551-48B4-8765-6B100EFBECDB.jpeg
3A3EFAD8-CF12-46E5-8CBD-5FDADCAEB33D.jpeg
An update, dealer had van for two weeks to sort out the wheel arch seals and other warranty issues got it back two days ago. Talking to the technician the seal bonding sealant had failed and split on the UK offside wheel arch, they fitted new seals and sealant on both rear wheel arches as per Hymers request. The garage alcove side and back panels have been renewed these were cut to the exact size and shape of the originals. This alcove is constructed at the initial build up in the factory before the second floor and body is fitted and is therefore impossible to recreate due to space and access constraints. Where they could they have screwed the panels and bonded where they couldn’t with Sikaflex. I must say they have made a very good job of it and I am well pleased.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Gaps along top edge are as original to allow ventilation the bottom is the upper surface of the double floor and is as it came out of the factory untouched by dealer and it is not “lumpy” must be the way photo was taken (used an IPhone)

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
71E45333-00AE-4726-BA12-FEF1336FA8E2.jpeg
We had this problem with our 2017 Hymer Duomobile. We were horrified to find the garage compartment awash with water when we checked this autumn. We’d travelled to Spain and to France earlier in spring and summer with no problem. We had the habitation check done early December, but were told it was just some road spray. We should have insisted they look more closely. We had rainy weather subsequently, and it was obviously not something you could ignore. It was getting soaked while off the road. The dealership finally agreed to send a driver to fetch it, and they removed and renewed the garage door seals.

So far so good. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
View attachment 282282 We had this problem with our 2017 Hymer Duomobile. We were horrified to find the garage compartment awash with water when we checked this autumn. We’d travelled to Spain and to France earlier in spring and summer with no problem. We had the habitation check done early December, but were told it was just some road spray. We should have insisted they look more closely. We had rainy weather subsequently, and it was obviously not something you could ignore. It was getting soaked while off the road. The dealership finally agreed to send a driver to fetch it, and they removed and renewed the garage door seals.

So far so good. Fingers crossed.

Did you check in the double floor in case it’s rear wheel arch seals,?several models have had wheel arch seal leakages. Being two seals around garage door I am surprised it’s getting in there. I know of one owner with water ingress into garage having the door seals renewed by the dealer and still had the ingress and it wasn’t till she showed the dealer my findings that the wheel arch seals were tested and one found leaking so both were done. Hope yours is sorted.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
It's hard to comprehend, how Hymer, who have been in the game a good few years, can send vans out with such fundamental faults. Their QA has gone down the pan IMO. This wouldn't have been the case if old Erwin had still been running the show, and, more importantly, he would never have sold the company to the Yanks. :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back