Hymer Duomobile Indicator Woes (1 Viewer)

malawiboy1

Free Member
Apr 6, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
just thanks manged to get a price its 400+vat for each blaster, was try to help a old couple and delivery is 3 to4 weeks anyone manged to get them at better price?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It seems strange if both ballasts have failed, are you certain it is not the looms? They are a regular failure point due to the poor quality wire used and no strain relief. I am really not trying to sell you looms, it's just the strange idea that both ballasts fail

malawiboy1

Free Member
Apr 6, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
its only one side mate the price is for 1 blaster only

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
I have joined the club , in my opinion a loom that fails after four years is not fit for purpose . I am sure that if this had happened on a car it would have been a manufacturers recall . Just waiting now to have two looms replaced. I would be very interested to know how many people have had this problem

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have joined the club , in my opinion a loom that fails after four years is not fit for purpose . I am sure that if this had happened on a car it would have been a manufacturers recall . Just waiting now to have two looms replaced. I would be very interested to know how many people have had this problem
If you read back on this thread you will see there are quite a few of us and this problem is not recent, Hymer will not do a recall which as discussed previously is a total sham however that’s where it is and it seems we have to soak it up and get our own replacements.🤬🤬🤬🤬

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would be interested to know if Hymer have eventually had new better quality looms made. The ones fitted OEM are utter rubbish. That is why I have a small scale production line making what Hymer should have fitted originally. Thicker better quality wires and reinforced at the stress points, with OEM quality plugs

Oct 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Just a quick note to say a public 'Thank You' to TheBig1 for his work on producing replacement looms for DL series Hymer headlight looms. Our nearside DRL/indicator is now working fine and we've replaced the old loom on the offside as well.

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
A big "Thank you" from us also. We had the same problem with our Hymer Exsis I both sides failed in the end, so we replaced both sides.
When I fitted the near side light unit I somehow managed to trap the cables & damaged them. I sent the damaged harness back to TheBig1, who repaired it and returned it by the next day post. That is true service and customer satisfaction.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
TheBig1 Lenny HB anyone? - can you please share the secret technique for removing the 8 pin connector from that aluminium electronic square on the left side as you look through the bonnet? Try as I might it’s a bit stubborn and there’s not much room for my fat fingers in there. Thanks in advance of any tips.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
TheBig1 Lenny HB anyone? - can you please share the secret technique for removing the 8 pin connector from that aluminium electronic square on the left side as you look through the bonnet? Try as I might it’s a bit stubborn and there’s not much room for my fat fingers in there. Thanks in advance of any tips.
I found it difficult but managed to get a pair of grips on to it and eased out the plug it’s not the easiest place to get at is it😊

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I broke the clip on one of mine getting it off.
I think you need to slide a small screwdriver down the side of the latch to release it.
After removing the plugs I filed the pips off of the ballast unit so I didn't have the same problem again.
Even with no latch with the pips removed and spaying with silicone they are still a pig to remove.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I broke the clip on one of mine getting it off.
I think you need to slide a small screwdriver down the side of the latch to release it.
After removing the plugs I filed the pips off of the ballast unit so I didn't have the same problem again.
Even with no latch with the pips removed and spaying with silicone they are still a pig to remove.
Thanks Lenny, that screwdriver approach was exactly what has just worked for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back