Scolds

Free Member
May 27, 2014
England
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I have twice had the part in the photo snap in my door handle. This stops you opening the door from the outside. A replacement handle is now, from Hymer in excess of £360.
I have had an engineering firm CAD design the part and make me 2. It is easy to fit and although by selling on the spare I'll never need as it is so good and strong I can recover part of my initial outlay, if there is interest for orders then the price reduces depending on the number.

Photos, The old broken part, The newly made part, Type of handle

Attachments

• IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 69

paul9ty

Free Member
Aug 18, 2021
Cloud9ty
Funster No
MH
Hy B525SL
Exp
Oh yes please! If its still available, I am very interested in buying that spare part from you.
I'm happy to pay you a good price for it. I know I shouldn't have said that really!
But as I just can not find a replacement anywhere, I'd be a very happy buyer.
I have a Hymer B525 SL which has exactly the same Hartal door mechanism; and mine has sheared off too!
We've been coping with it for months now while I've been trying to find a replacement.
I've just joined here to message you, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works out?
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks, Paul.

OP
OP
S

Scolds

Free Member
May 27, 2014
England
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi Paul,
Sorry for the delay i am away on holiday. I sold the last spare but requesting a price to have some more made. I will get back to you once I can quote a price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paul9ty

Free Member
Aug 18, 2021
Cloud9ty
Funster No
MH
Hy B525SL
Exp
Hi thanks for your reply. Sorry to interrupt your holiday, I hope you're having fun!

Yes, I'm still interested in getting hold of that part.

Please let me know when you have the details.

Continued in conversations...

Thanks, Paul.

wilf64

Free Member
Dec 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614sl 2008
Oh yes please! If its still available, I am very interested in buying that spare part from you.
I'm happy to pay you a good price for it. I know I shouldn't have said that really!
But as I just can not find a replacement anywhere, I'd be a very happy buyer.
I have a Hymer B525 SL which has exactly the same Hartal door mechanism; and mine has sheared off too!
We've been coping with it for months now while I've been trying to find a replacement.
I've just joined here to message you, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works out?
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks, Paul.
Also interested, very, for a replacement part if you have one or details of where I can source.

jillbo

Free Member
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Hi,
I’m also interested in this item.
I have managed to use epoxy as a temporary repair but i’m not sure how long it will last
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back