Hymer Door Hinge Wear on Hymers from 2016 with Plastic Hinges (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Since around 2016 Hymer have been fitting plastic door hinges to all doors & locker including the Habitation door. Most of us with these hinges have found excessive wear on the hinges.
For the cheap plastic hinge, Hymer charge £120 each for replacements, extortion for a bit of plastic crap not up to the job. I am in the process of getting some replacements made in 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel.

This is the existing thread about the problem and the replacements, post #93 shows my prototypes cost should be around £25 including fixings it's still to be confirmed by the supplier, I'm not looking to making a profit out of them just want to solve a problem for Hymer Funsters.
I have also started a list on the other thread for people who want them.

This shows the problem.
1629456128721.png

Sample replacement.
1629456233015.png

Vemaro

Free Member
Sep 10, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer 690
Since around 2016 Hymer have been fitting plastic door hinges to all doors & locker including the Habitation door. Most of us with these hinges have found excessive wear on the hinges.
For the cheap plastic hinge, Hymer charge £120 each for replacements, extortion for a bit of plastic crap not up to the job. I am in the process of getting some replacements made in 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel.

This is the existing thread about the problem and the replacements, post #93 shows my prototypes cost should be around £25 including fixings it's still to be confirmed by the supplier, I'm not looking to making a profit out of them just want to solve a problem for Hymer Funsters.
I have also started a list on the other thread for people who want them.

This shows the problem.
View attachment 528621

Sample replacement.
View attachment 528622
Hello,

Are these hinges available?

Br.

Vesa
vroutamaa@yahoo. com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun