HYmer Daylights Problem (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
One of the daylights has stopped working, this is a Hella headlight unit on a Fiat base, 2 year old Hymer 504.
Checked the bulb - looked ok, changed it but still not working.
Both lights supplied from one fuse according to the manual, so since one is on, not the fuse - checked it anyway.
Checked the bulb holder on both sides, no sign of corrosion or damage.

This would seem to leave the wiring that connects the two lights. Nothing obvious where I can see them.

Anyone got any ideas as to where to look?

Thanks

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
One of the daylights has stopped working, this is a Hella headlight unit on a Fiat base, 2 year old Hymer 504.
Checked the bulb - looked ok, changed it but still not working.
Both lights supplied from one fuse according to the manual, so since one is on, not the fuse - checked it anyway.
Checked the bulb holder on both sides, no sign of corrosion or damage.

This would seem to leave the wiring that connects the two lights. Nothing obvious where I can see them.

Anyone got any ideas as to where to look?

Thanks

At least it hasnt shattered. My last van, now replaced, was a 2009 614sl, i had a major fight with Hymer to replace a shattered headlight, £2000 if not on warranty. Is 2009 not still under warranty?

Philk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hymer lights

Hi,
I had problems with my Hymer fog lights, both them were burnt out, like the plastic cover was melted, and the literally fell out.:Sad:

Hymer wanted £70+ for them. I got the helle part number off the old light and had a root round the Internet.

I found a company which sells Helle lights to commercial busses( sorry, I can't remember their name) but the lights were less than half price.:thumb:

Hope this helps

JJG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back