Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I've had reason to delve beneath my dashboard, and to do so had to remove some self-adhesive , wood effect plastic trim.

upload_2017-3-12_22-38-44.png

Try as I might, I can't find a form of words that Google will use to find anything like it. It's basically a rounded strip of clear soft plastic with a wood-effect pattern printed on the bottom, so the "grain" shows through. When taking it off, I had to be extremely careful not to pull off the printing and I'm pretty sure it won't last another on-off cycle.
Its from a 2009 Hymer B660 Bestline.

Has anyone come across anything like it? Suppliers? What is it called?

Thanks.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
No idea what it's called but could you "replace" the wood effect pattern by sticking a piece of wood veneer edging on under the clear plastic?

OP
OP
WSandME

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Thanks Gellyneck & Eddievanbitz:
Real veneer wouldn't work, as the piece has to match in colour, depth and shaping. I'd really like find supply of the original kit or else it will stick out like a sore thumb.
I've not had the best of response from Hymer themselves on other topics, but may try again...

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'm guessing it's a pretty standard dash kit as most components seem to be 'off the shelf' rather than Hymer specific.
Have you made any enquiries with Brownhills? Darren is very helpful and has a wealth of knowledge.
In my experience he's been able to provide almost every part I've requested, although not always cheaply...

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If you contact Brownhills in Newark they still have a shed load of Hymer spares. Failing that it would have to be Hymer in Bad Waldsee Germany.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WSandME

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Thanks kaasbroodje and canopus. I'd forgotten about Brownhills. I'll call them as soon as.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back