EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Silly question, can anyone explain the two items on my Hymer B584 dash, to the right and left of the flasher button? The left side looks like a holder for coins and notes or a credit card or toll ticket, and the right sode for a packet of cigarettes, or for some item that the previous owner mislaid?

8CFFBB92-673E-4511-8F68-0EFB90A69375.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Left coins and right what ever you want, if it had been a Peugeot version the hole would have had a clock in it. mine had been changed( just that section) and the buttons are square and it had a clock not wired because it was fitted in a Fiat dash!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Its a Ford Dash (I assume) so maybe the handbook would confirm its for coins etc

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Its a Ford Dash (I assume) so maybe the handbook would confirm its for coins etc
It's a Fiat dash, or at least it's the dash on a Hymer A Class based on a Fiat. Neither handbook mentions them. I didn't want to, like, ram coins in there willy-nilly in case it was some important sensor or something.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Ash tray???🤔
There is an ashtray, which I removed to verify that there were screws under it, in case I thought of removing part of the dash. It's Murphy's Law of hidden screws. If there is an ashtray, there will be screws behind it. If there is a battery, there will be a hidden screw underneath it.
I haven't smoked for almost 30 years, but my long term partner did. We split up 6 years ago. The ashtray still had some of her cigarette ends in it. I confess to not being obsessively tidy. And no it wasn't a sentimental moment.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back