Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_0082.JPG

Does anybody know what the coil type symbol dead centre in above photo of my controller might mean

Nothing in manual, but manual does not even have this controller mentioned, another prototype I reckon

I had not been aware of before until yesterday, but it went off on its own

Only clue I can add it is cold, 2C at the moment, think it was similar yesterday when last seen

I am confident I have not turned anything on

The other symbols are heater and step

Any ideas, should I worry?

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Pure guess David, Is it for your water tank/ waste tank heater wiring. I think your van may have that ? Can you answer me a quickie - I have a Fiamma box on the back instead of bike carrier etc, question - do I need a reflective plate jobbie attached to it ? I see vans with bikes on the back that have them !

PS my Mrs is dead envious you visiting Cape Wrath in this weather, is it living up to its name ? When we were there this last Summer it was totally benign.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks, I have been wading through the manual, the closest controller display to ours makes reference to a 'defroster' so your logic sounds good, more or less what I thought (y)

Must be something auto though, no options in the controller to turn on and off, in the book it suggests options for off / on or auto, but with no choices can only presume ours is purely auto, in which case it suggests it will be on below 7.5C

As for the fiamma box, no idea, but think I have seen it on here before relating to bike racks, seems to be a continental requirement, Spain from memory, but I would guess sensible anywhere, not that I really understand how people driving behind will drive differently if you have a bike rack or box sticking out less than a metre, if they are that close they have probably already had an accident

Durness is next week, camped up at Grantown for a few nights, waiting for winds to drop, but right now watching the snow come down, not sure there is a way to cross the river to even get on to the Capre Wrath track this deep in winter, so might make do with looking from the mainland, might research walking in from further south, but probably way outside my abilities (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Thanks David, I believe there is a track in from Kinlochbervie, however at this time of year I would not attempt that solo (don't think about Bev going with you) unless you are ex SAS, SBS, only sheep for company and few of them and no telephone, if you get caught in a storm you are on your own, comprehensive arctic survival gear essential.
Durness should do, I know there is a grandeur to being in the teeth of a storm when well equipped, ex Royal Marine so been there got the T shirt. keep the van in a sheltered zone. BE SAFE !

"we can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sails" You got it !

Let me know when you are coming past or stopping in bye (Dumfries)
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back