Hymer Classic leisure battery (1 Viewer)

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Hi..can anyone tell me how to access my leisure battery on my 544.Its under the passenger seat. LHD and I wanted to check before I reach for my allen keys and create mayhem..any advice would be appreciated..cheers Rich

N

Nobody

Deleted User
There are two bolts either side take them out & lift the seat to one side its heavy also make sure you cover the terminals on the battery before replacing the seat as the base of seat is steel (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
On mine there are four bolts.. two at the front, access them by pushing the seat all the way back.. hex head bolts..

Two at the rear.. to access, push seat all the way forward.. socket heads IIRC

Ideally have a helper to lift the seat up and back into the hab area,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Thanks for that..got seat out and put small uv panel on to keep batt up..but now ..does anyone know where (1)the best place to get the 12v led bulbs for spotlights and(2) where's my awning light??.(hymer classic544)..the switch is there!!(n)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Q1 I bought mine from Aten .. G4 side pin .. http://www.atenlighting.co.uk/caravan-motorhome-lighting/g4-leds

good quality LEDS , Regulated from 10-30V, and not polarity sensitive - i.e. the LED will light up whichever way the positive and negative power is applied so no rewiring is required.

Q2 .. should be outside above the door (or have I not understood the question)

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Cheers Scotjimland,I'll check that link out...no you didn't get the question wrong,there is no awning light...anywhere,as I said the switch is there,but no light!!!

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Cheers Scotjimland,I'll check that link out...no you didn't get the question wrong,there is no awning light...anywhere,as I said the switch is there,but no light!!!

I have a 2002 B classic 544. There was no awning light as an original fitment but the control panel above the door does have a switch for one to be wired into. A previous owner did fit an awning light, but it is more central on the MH rather than above the door as I think a very narrow unit would have been needed to fit between the top of the door and the awning, which would probably not have been available pre-LED days.

My awning light operates via an integral PIR but at some stage an override switch has been fitted so the light can be turned on when either it would not be dark enough to activate or there was no movement outside. For some reason the switch in the control panel was not used for this.

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Thanks WH...so I'm not as stupid as I thought(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back