Hymer camp, overhead bed ladder required (1 Viewer)

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Please, please please does anybody have or know of a ladder to fit a hymer camp overhead bed. We put our deposit on the hymer today and can collect on saturday but whilst checking it out we found that the ladder to get up to the overhead bed is missing. Now this would be fine if I was young or even if I was agile ,but I have to admit that i am neither of these so unless I can find one my lovely fixed bed has to remain a figment of my imagination, oh I long for a good bed, especially one i dont have to make up. so please search out any hidden ladders or phone numbers that might help me in my quest and i will be truly grateful. forever hopeful and very excited about the new van, Lynne:winky:

May 10, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 months
no ladder but hymer overhead bed is great!

HI, hope you find a ladder, just thought I'd let you know we have a hymer with an overhead bed, and it's great - more comfy than my bed at home! good luck with the ladder search.

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks for all your ideas , I have checked out the link for the ladders and they have quite a few now I need somebody with a similar van as mine to tell me how long and how mang rungs it should have, any ideas anybody thanks Lyne::bigsmile:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi, if you are buying from a dealer, may be a bit late but I would make it a condition of purchase for a ladder to be included. However that said I would be surprised if it's not their.

I think you will find that when a motorhome goes on sale the dealer will clear it of all it's loose bits, I guess the bits and bobs have a habit of walking. Before buying one give them a bell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
As stated in the last post - if buying from a dealer, they should supply the ladder.
If not, take a couple of measurements. My van has a drop-down front bed so it may be a little different to the Camp, but I presume there will be two metal loops into which the top of the ladder hooks. This is important to prevent it from slipping away from under you. Make sure you measure the space between these loops and choose a ladder with the appropriate width between its top hooks.
Then measure from the loops to the floor, allowing for a comfortable angle. The ladder is normally quite steep as there is not a lot of room, but it should not be vertical.

Philip

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks for that not buying from a dealer they don't seem to have any motorhomes at the moment, there definately seems to be a shortage which is keeping prices high, I spoke to a caravan breaker today who seems to think he might have one to fit but we will go for a drive and try it, anything is better than nothing, Lynne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back