Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Hi folks,

We are decided that our first motorhome will be a Hymer. Getting on that ownership ladder seems tough but on the plus side they do retain their value.....

Any thoughts on the Hymer T652 CL. There is a nice private 2007 model on Autotrader currently priced at £27500 that has caught my eye.

Sorry if your up here in Skye at the moment, its pretty wet Im afraid.

donnieban

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Sorry to hijack the thread slightly off subject but it was interesting to hear that @wigster worked at Swaythling Plant. I also worked there for 36 years. He is right about the transit security. Back in the 90s I had to attend Bristol Crown Court as an expert witness for the prosecution as Transits were being stolen and ringed. The Transit is a very good vehicle and has been a best seller since 1965 but security should have been addressed better over the years. That is my opinion anyway.
Phil.
P.S
Anyway @wigster have you got that tenner I lent you.(y)

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
I have been spending a lot of time looking at Hymer motorhomes and was intrigued to find one particular motorhome which has changed hands twice in 3 months and which has increased in cost by over £10,000. Good luck to the seller for profiteering but I think buyer beware even with dealerships it would seem. It would appear that purchasing in the Midlands is the most obvious way of securing best value?
Buying in EU is best way of securing value if you can live with LHD!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
that's a personal choice..

I specifically bought a LHD, so it's not 'having to live with it'

also.. many RHD Continental vans still have the cab drivers door on the left.. a distinct disadvantage.,..

Driving a LHD in the UK is not a problem.. and shouldn't put anyone off buying one..
We intend buying LHD Jim even if we end up buying here in the UK.
Boss hates sitting on the wrong side of the road in France and I'd prefer driving on the wrong side in the UK over doing it in France (or the EU)
Cheers
Bill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back