Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can anyone tell me what type/make of battery charger was fitted as original equipment in the early/mid '90s Hymers? I cant believe that the Bosch charger we have, wedged under the passenger seat, is the original thing. It looks like a normal charger you would have on your garage shelf, complete with moulded handle, and plugs into a continental fitting 240 socket, also under the seat, which does look original. Cant find any pictures of the charger in any of the manuals, and I normally wouldn't bother, but this unit is constantly 'buzzing' quite loudly, which may signify that the transformer is on the way out.
As a footnote, if I do replace this unit, can anyone suggest a decent stand alone charger I can buy? I don't even know what amperage this thing charges at, but would think that a 10/12 amp max charge would be enough to cope??????????????????
Ta,
Dave.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
On my 92 B544 it had a power pack under the passenger seat which was oem and it developed a buzz when on hook up. This was due to the laminations in the transfomer loosening,it was possible to tighten them up as there were bolts holding them together.
It seems that the previous of your van has had a similar issue and replaced it. Perhaps you should installed a B2B unit instead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back