LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
anyone have any opinions on the above? good or bad experiences, on a Merc with 7g Auto box whatever

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
That is my one and only motorhome, Check that all the toys are working, it rakes a while to find them all. Very well built but make sure that the last service was at a Mercedes truck dealer,this will give you some help if there is a breakdown. If you need more information about reliability etc. remember its a Sprinter 516, lots of good advice on the commercial vehicle forums.

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Check d/g cab windows head lights apart from that just the usual checks,
Oh before you pay take a test drive as they rock similar to a battleship
ie soft suspension, not a fault just what they do.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
anyone have any opinions on the above? good or bad experiences, on a Merc with 7g Auto box whatever
Paul we have the 2013 b690 Starline On Merc auto box. We love it.

Only thing I’d say against it is that it’s very ‘bouncy’ without levelling jacks down.

Also the low level shower tray means you can’t splash around like a duck .... other than that, we love it.

A dream to drive, and good for long term living.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
This one has self levelling on it so no problem there @cliffhanger.

DG windows presumably same issue as the NandB then. Headlights? What am i looking for Steve?

Other thing im keen to know is where they sit compared to the old Slines which basically were like a hymer just better.. they don't make them anymore so what replaced them

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well if they are bi Zeon they are £1500 each ordinary ones are only £700 each but if they are intact and no moisture in them should be ok.?

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I had one, and mojo has it now.

Great drive. Up hill and down dale all day long. You dont get any roll back, a real easy drive.

Air ride really helps the sway. It's quite high off the ground.

As said, the headlights just shatter, but might not happen to you.

The double glazing in the cab area might start misting.

The 3 litre auto box must have gear box oil change after 1 year. Check it's been done.

Never had a problem with my shower door.

Check floor hatch covers. The glue gets unstuck and they flex, might break.

Happened on my 2014 starline and 2018 hymer.

If you have extra solar you must have an extra charger. 1 amp charger for every 10 watt solar. Think it's an 18 amp charger as supplied. Else puts strain on the electroblock.

Try and not move kitchen tap, set on 1 position.they have microswitches with think wires. Switch about £8, YouTube have vids showing how to change.

I think the kitchen worktop and bathroom sink are corian. Quite robust.

If you have the round table, it stretches out of needed and is s lovely table.

Twin rear wheels, ensure inner tyres are checked.

Any other questions pm me.

If all services done by Mercedes, 30 year warranty called imoblio I think.

It's on their website.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ensure you have the deadlocks fitted especially to cab doors. That's where I got broken onto.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Great van and great quality, 3 yrs and 24000miles, never got 20MPG!
As said, soft suspension but no problem on the road, a little disconcerting off road initially.
Covered the headlights in a protective wrap and never had any issues.
In-board rear tyres were a pain in the arse to check and inflate but you can get little extenders which help.
A nice comfortable van.

Terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Thank's everyone for your replies. But fear not funflair I will not be leaving. I viewed the van and have to say compared to our current N&B it's not a patch on it. Nice, quality but just not as good as the N&B. The main reason for changing was the move to the Merc but alas. FixItAgainTony will remain our choice for now at least. We are keeping our eye out for a new(ish) N&B instead, probably another Arto... but just two wheels on the back.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank's everyone for your replies. But fear not funflair I will not be leaving. I viewed the van and have to say compared to our current N&B it's not a patch on it. Nice, quality but just not as good as the N&B. The main reason for changing was the move to the Merc but alas. FixItAgainTony will remain our choice for now at least. We are keeping our eye out for a new(ish) N&B instead, probably another Arto... but just two wheels on the back.
I didn’t think for a minute you would leave us?

Martin

Upvote 0
May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since our second hand purchase two years ago we have covered 35,000 miles on the auto Merc.A real pleasure to drive especially on the cruise control,true hands free with slick gear changes for hills .A Merc engineer told me it's the same auto box used in the S class.Never want a manual van again.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Careful with going later Paul. From sometime in 2016 they went to the 2.3 litre, still rated at 177hp but cambelt and not as robust IMHO.

tbf I think you ve been a bit unlucky, we know the previous owner and he's a really fastidious guy. We ve now had 75k 8 years use out of our 74 and its been really good (touchwood).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back