LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Nice van, we're made up with our 2003 S820, we get 18-19mpg on an 2.7 merc auto but our weight is 6 ton so yours should be considerably better than that.(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Been so busy, only just seen this! Welcome back to Motorhomes Jim. Really nice van. We used to get 25mpg when towing, so you should get a bit more (y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Great van Jim - congratulations. We went out looking for a B644 but couldn't find one. Ended up with a Star-Line 630 (2003 year) which has an identical layout but is slightly shorter on a Sprinter chassis. We love it and have had it over eight years now. If you have any questions, ours shares many common fittings with yours so don't hesitate to ask.

We too had a Starline 630, our last van, loved it to bits. Sold it to a lad from the North east who was using it to live in Mid France doing a bit of campsite work in return for free camping. Really glad it went to a good home.
Love our present van too.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
A most excellent choice of van if I may say so. Welcome to the 644 club. I will PM later to let you know the secret hand shake.

Colin has worked out the we average 26mpg driving in a calm and relaxed way. We have additional wind drag of roof bars and two kayaks though.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just seen the link Jim, good van (same upholstery as ours). You must be so pleased, look forward to meeting you some time at a meet. (y)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Very nice but I really admired that tent you had a couple of years ago.
I'd love to see a picture of it again :)

good memory.. and I still have it .. you won't buy better

CABANON GUADELOUPE Broken Link Removed

BROKEN LINK

BROKEN LINK

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's home.. on the drive.. and we are super delighted... drove back this afternoon , drove lovely.. but you forget how wide they are.. but after 20 or so miles I settled down. :)

Becks did everything they promised.. new set of tyres, full service and cam belt kit fitted, valeted, new MOT

the last owner has spent a lot of time and money on it .. a sack full of receipts for service work and other mods..

* Srikeback alarm
* Battery master
*two 60 watt solar panels
* chassis has been Waxoiled
*SOG
* Fridge fans
etc etc

plus a heap of extras , like silver screens, level ramps, grey waste extension pipe,

only one fly in the ointment.. there always is .. a very small crack in the shower tray , near the drain plug .. I missed when we first viewed.. so did Becks..
it's had a temporary repair done at some point.. Becks will do a proper repair when ever I want to book it in..

everything works fine.. just need to get it packed and away for a weekend .. :cool:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Great news then Jim sure your all gonna love it.
Unfortunately Hymers that age seem to have shower floor issues especially around the plug holes. Had mine done last year both plugs had surrounding cracks, wasn't as big a drama as I first thought and the repair is holding out well.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Missed this, but seen it in your avatar:doh: Very very nice van Jim, you must pleased as punch(y) we need to have a Hymer owners meet sometime:D good luck with her and hope to meet on our travels(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back