Hymer B644 G .... Table.. any ideas ? (2 Viewers)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Well done @ScotJimland that looks the business and room to have a dance now!

This might be food for thought for fellow Hymer owners, especially B544 with a dinette where the table absolutely dominates. A couple of years ago I bit the bullet and took the saw out to our table making it less than half the original size. The 'removed' piece I cut down again and made into an extension piece. When not in use that sits in the back of the wardrobe. Infill on the raw table edges was easily done with some soft wood, the dowel is to locate and make stable. Most of the time the small table is just fine for the two of us.

Dave

20151017_105413.jpg 20151017_105514.jpg 20151017_105544.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well done @ScotJimland that looks the business and room to have a dance now!

This might be food for thought for fellow Hymer owners, especially B544 with a dinette where the table absolutely dominates. A couple of years ago I bit the bullet and took the saw out to our table making it less than half the original size. The 'removed' piece I cut down again and made into an extension piece. When not in use that sits in the back of the wardrobe. Infill on the raw table edges was easily done with some soft wood, the dowel is to locate and make stable. Most of the time the small table is just fine for the two of us.

Dave

View attachment 79541 View attachment 79542 View attachment 79543
That looks really good - a very professional job. How do you attach the two pieces together so they don't just pull apart or bend at the joint in use or when travelling please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If anyone's interested I have a spare Hymer dinette table which is the same colour top and wood finish as the one shown in scotlandjims and davidand ginny's photo's-I was asking £40 for it at the Wrenbury bring and buy. I'll pull it out tomorrow and post a picture.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If anyone's interested I have a spare Hymer dinette table which is the same colour top and wood finish as the one shown in scotlandjims and davidand ginny's photo's-I was asking £40 for it at the Wrenbury bring and buy. I'll pull it out tomorrow and post a picture.

could be useful for someone.. and that is a good price..

Been looking at small folding table to keep in the wardrobe and bought this one.. can also be used outside as a table for my small gas cooker.. .. will soon have a shed full of camp tables.. :LOL:

from Clas Ohlson
Broken Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
could be useful for someone.. and that is a good price..

Been looking at small folding table to keep in the wardrobe and bought this one.. can also be used outside as a table for my small gas cooker.. .. will soon have a shed full of camp tables.. :LOL:

from Clas Ohlson
Broken Link Removed
We bought the same earlier this year. Ideally we wanted one with a larger top but they are like hens' teeth to find in the UK.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have always liked the b544 layout but thought the table was too big. At the NEC today the display model had a small round table that extends to a bigger on. It is still fixed is far less intrusive. He said that they can order with ir with out a table, they can also make a table that can be folded away. It seems to be something that comes quite fequently.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's the style of table we want Jim. We have a number of larger ones, bought over the years, but none are as easy to erect or pack.

thought that might be the case.. not keen on the big one either

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I removed our enormous and very heavy table from the Rapido and replaced it with a much smaller one on a removable column, there are only the two of us. If I ever put the original back, the base is large enough to cover the screw holes for the removable column base so my modification can be easily be reversed.

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Having not seen this thread I started another one
Tables. Folding / Drop leaf ??
Same problem. The table that came with our Burstner is too big and much too heavy whilst also being fixed. Unless anyone has a better idea I am proposing to replace it with a removable pedestal and a Boat table as :- http://www.marineteak.co.uk/nautic-star-sealine-s34-slide-800mm-teak-table-337-p.asp
Being teak it may not blend with furnishings so well and won't be the lightest table around but not as heavy as the original, will fold up small in situ or, can be taken down and stowed away. Pricey 'though

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I think I posted before to this
we took out large hymer table and bought a light weight folding table with a top that matches our hymer wood from malvern
but they are in poundstretcher@£16.99
The same . We can put away when relaxing
and use in or out and we will reinstate original
hymer table when we sell.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We removed the large table top from our B544 and replaced it with a 12mm thick piece of MDF cut just to the size of the brackets. Then we rounded the corners off and covered it with vinyl table cloth bought from The Range. Looks very 'French Cafe' and is a much better size.
This was a temporary measure as we were looking to get a new top made, though now see no need to change it.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We had a large table in our burstner and hated it, always in the way, we had a cabinet maker do us a new table top it is Corian on MDF it is much smaller than the origional not much different weight wise, we mounted it on the origional pedestal so it still moves around on the slide brackets but is no longer an obsticle!
We can still comfortably feed a few folk round it, it looks really nice too.
You can see a bit of it in my avator, cant load any pictures here site wifi rubbish.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years

Hi In 2012 you posted you had a table for sale as above , I don't suppose you still have it for sale , if so we would be very interested my tel. no. for call or Text is 07704987191 Regards heres hoping !
Tony A

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have exactly the same table in our 564. Brilliant - extra worktop space and as you say - very moveable - but we found it was just too big. So now it sits in our attic, waiting to be refitted when (if) we sell the van. We removed it and were left with four bolt holes - easily covered. We now have one of these:

It folds down and fits in our wardrobe when travelling, and is well big enough for us to use as a table to eat dinner on. Due to its legs it fits between the driver's and passenger's seat when we are lounging, giving us a table to put G and T's on whilst leaving the whole lounge clear. (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just realised how old this post is. Still think my post is relevant though! :LOL:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi In 2012 you posted you had a table for sale as above , I don't suppose you still have it for sale , if so we would be very interested my tel. no. for call or Text is xxxxxxx Regards heres hoping !
Tony A

pm sent

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back