cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
I have just pulled up at a campsite and as soon as I connected the electric the water dump started. Now i have just replaced the engine battery due a dead one being in its place and I wondering if this is the case. I now cannot have the lights on due to the water pump going crazy after emptying 120 litres all over the grass outside. If anyone has any help please do. I think I need to know how to reset the boiler from dumping the water (if this is the case).

Thanks.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
If you look in the Cupboard where the boiler is there should be a red valve which may have dropped down due to the temperature. If you pull it up it should stay up. I seem to remember on our 564 I sometimes had to turn the blown air heating on first to warm the van if it is still too cold. The water pump should have an independent switch on the control panel so you can turn it off and still run the electrics.
Hoping you got it sorted last night though!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Water pump dumped

The water pump just emptied 120l of water out and I couldn't stop it. I have now removed the fuse so that we can now use the electrics without it burning the motor out.

I am sure there is someway of resetting the electrics and so stopping the water pump just dumping all the water out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Is the water coming out from a pipe under the boiler or under the water tank? As mr colpot says the truma water heater has a dump valve that will empty everything if open. From memory a black valve with red handle. Newer models have a push button then when it stays in you can turn the valve next to it.

OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Came straight out from a pipe under the boiler, but was being emptied by the water pump, continuously.

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Seems like 2 faults ...however, if the water is coming out of a white pipe it will be the "t" connector on top of the boiler, there is a small ball inside which is the release valve, the ball will be missing.
For the pump always being on either there is a faulty tap micro switch, or the wires that connect to the switch is shorted:Doh:

Keith

OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
It seems that the water was coming out of the black down pipe last night and not the red one that also hangs down below the boiler.

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
boiler dumping water

Good morning .
As some one has already said your problem is most likely to be the dump valve. It's designed to open & drain the boiler once outside temperature nears freezing, to prevent damage to the boiler.
You should find the valve almost alongside the boiler, it is on my 584.
It's black with pipes running to it & a red knob on the top. As you say you've changed a battery that may well have caused the problem. The valve opens when the 12 volt is turned off.
Make sure you have the 12 volt on & pull the red knob upwards, you should feel it click & lock in the up position. That should then have solved the problem.
Barrie

OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Thanks all for the help. I took the fuse out reset the transformer and filled it up with water again. It all worked perfectly.

OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Thanks all for the help. I took the fuse out reset the transformer and filled it up with water again. It all worked perfectly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back