• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Hymer B544sl 2007 - 2010 (1 Viewer)

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
If any Funsters are thinking of selling the above model, please get in touch.
We are cash buyers ready to purchase.

Ian

mikey70

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
F6888307-89E0-4DD0-A5A2-5AB0811F37A2.jpeg Did you see this one

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
To find the right van for you, you have to be prepared to do the mileage, in my opinion, particularly if you're looking for something specific.
There's hardly an abundance of Hymer for sale and a B544 will always sell quickly.
Ours was nearly a 500mile round trip (Bristol to Great Yarmouth).
I actually did the journey twice. Once to view (with the family), another to collect the van a week later (by myself).

If you're certain it's the model for you, why not ask the seller for lots of information and photos before committing to the journey?
Alternatively, perhaps a local Funster could view it and tell you if it's worth your time?

The deal could be done in a couple of days, you could actually save time by not scanning adverts for the next few months...

Good luck with your search (y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
To find the right van for you, you have to be prepared to do the mileage, in my opinion, particularly if you're looking for something specific.
There's hardly an abundance of Hymer for sale and a B544 will always sell quickly.
Ours was nearly a 500mile round trip (Bristol to Great Yarmouth).
I actually did the journey twice. Once to view (with the family), another to collect the van a week later (by myself).

If you're certain it's the model for you, why not ask the seller for lots of information and photos before committing to the journey?
Alternatively, perhaps a local Funster could view it and tell you if it's worth your time?

The deal could be done in a couple of days, you could actually save time by not scanning adverts for the next few months...

Good luck with your search (y)

Totally agree, I did the same with mine from Germany.

Most people have got decent enough camera/phones these days so you can get a pretty good idea of what the van is like before you make the journey.

Following on from kaasbroodje's suggestion, I think maybe people might a bit reluctant to view a motor home on someone's behalf, in case their opinions differ.

However, visiting and taking a load of photographs thereby giving the prospective purchaser a really good feel of what the van is like seems like a good idea

Andrew

mikey70

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
I’d defanaltly like a hymer next , before i purchased my current autotrail we viewed a rear lounge B634 , it wasn’t very clean and looked like it had had a hard life , and after sitting in the drivers seat I can honestly say I felt almost intimidated if that’s the right word with shear size / width of the cab area , but coming from a van conversion , looking back now , that was most likely why , I regret not carrying on and looking for a clean one , I like the idea of the winterisation and double floor in the hymers and being fully galvanised , any hymer owners out there get any draught spots ? I’d heard about the autotrail draughty cab area and it’s true , ours is the same !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If the right van comes up, you need to travel. You might have a long wait lol

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I’d heard about the autotrail draughty cab area and it’s true , ours is the same !
We had that in our 2011 Bessacar E450, don't think it's unique to Autotrails. I'm sure on here somewhere there is info about insulating the doors and fitting vent covers for the ones in the lower part of the doors. I was going to do ours then swapped to a Hymer. Our cab area is just as warm as the rest of the Motorhome. No draughtiness.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Have you tried hymer owners group on fb?

mikey70

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
Yes I’ve seen a few comments now about cold feet and draught spots maybe it’s just a fiat cab thing , but I wonder if burstners , hobby’s , knaus etc get the same thing , anybody ??

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
No draughts in my B544 except for from the extractor over the hob and the oven vent.
I just gaffer tape up the external vents if parked with rear facing into strong wind, only had to do it once in Scotland !

ufitsy

Free Member
May 7, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Have a look at the 614 on autotrader

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Have a look at the 614 on autotrader

Broken Link Removed

Thank you for that. I have actually been casting my net wider & have now had a chance to look at other manufacturers. As a newbie to Motorhomes I had assumed that Hymer were the Rolls Royce of the Motorhome world. I have now been looking at Rapido, Niesmann Bischoff ( feel a bit to modern for me), Frankia & Carthago & found that the build quality is just as good or better in some cases.
Have also found that buying a Motorhome is more like buying a boat (which I have experience of) than buying a car. A few years older or younger doesn't really matter as much as how they have been looked after & maintained & original build quality.
The search continues for the right Motorhome for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back