Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Happily meandering along on our first winter sun experience and all going nicely until a few days ago when a tray fell out of the overhead cupboard and has made a nice hole in the table:Angry: Something tells me it will be very expensive to replace and I cannot see any easy of making a good repair.

The position of the damage would allow me to cut it down making this table actually in a way better at times for just the two of us. It also comes with an extension piece that would normally extend the table to allow 6 to sit around it and by using this I would bring it back to original size for 4. Anyone ever done similar? Sound crazy, too much sun? (sadly not yet)
Someone frighten me with cost of a new table.

Currently has bowl of fruit on it:thumb:

Dave and Ginny, at Camping Joan, Cabrils

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This product may be worth considering.
Link Removed

I used it some years ago to repair a worktop with similar damage.. it wasn't perfect, but it did an acceptable repair.. much depends on how fussy you are ..

Try Googling.. there are other worktop repair products available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ouch...know how you feel did the same, foolishly kept pans in a overhead locker (no more) a lid fell out and ding, not had it repaired just cover it over but will be very interested in any solutions.

Just wish I had relised before now anything with any weight is kept out of overhead lockers.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Try
http://www.lwrm.co.uk/index.html

ABOUT LWRM FINISHING

Our lead craftsman, Pete Meakin has over 25 years experience in finishing. He has worked for prestigious names in the finishing profession such as Pentos Home Office Furniture and Hammonds Bedroom Furniture, prior to starting LWRM Finishing.

His experience covers original finishing and refinishing of furniture & floors, colour matching, remedial repairs of most surfaces, cleaning and refinishing of marble and granite, refinishing of leather furniture, refinishing of musical instruments, definition of finishing practices and purchasing of materials and machinery.

LWRM pride itself on its quality of service and the results it produces. Please get in contact to discuss your requirements.

Telephone
01773 744309
Email
info@lwrm.co.uk
Address
LWRM Finishing
2 Codnor Denby Lane
Codnor
Ripley
Derbyshire
DE5 9SN

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Thanks all

Thanks everyone for the replies especially Shiftzz as the firm you suggest are just up the road from us:thumb:

Just on the damage, the tray that fell on the table was only small and light, it's hard to imagine it caused so much damage so easily...take care!

Happy travels, Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back