Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
is there anyone around Newquay, Cornwall can help me with my Hymer electrics. Im on the road hooked up and I've got no power on 12v or 240v lights, fridge and water pump. One 240v plug works, and thats all. i don't know how to check fuses in the habitation box. Im a dumb blonde when it comes to electrics?:RollEyes:

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorry, to far away to help, but I notice your profile states "years motorhoming" 2000!You must have picked up some lecy knowledge in 2000 years!

What's your secret for a long life ;-)

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I am assuming it's a new(ish) Hymer (late 90s onwards).

There are no 230V internal lights so far as I'm aware - they are all 12V.
So if the entire 12V circuitry is out, have you checked that the main switch on the Electrobloc charger is switched on? This is a blue-cased unit with a white face containing lots of connectors and fuses. It is often located under a front seat or in the side wooden cabinet next to the front right-hand seat. Sometimes it is in a locker. If this switch is off, the step and door light will still work, but all other 12V circuits are disabled.
If it's not that, I'm a bit stumped and would suspect a failure in one of the 230V cable runs - obviously not the one to the socket that is working. Unlikely though I would have thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
is it a new to you van, one socket is working so power is getting to the van, other than that it looks like a switching problem, do you have a manual, how old is the van, is there an RCD under the seat or in a cupboard. Is it a new problem how long have you had the van. There are funsters round and about Cornshire who could help a maiden in Distress, put the kettle on and they will turn up in droves.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Is it possible that the one socket that is working is wired to an inverter?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hymer electrics

Hi Queenie,

Sue and I live about 15 miles from you just outside Truro so I could pop across tomorrow if that's any help, but not tonight I'm afraid. Our van is a Hymer A class too, 2006, and from your description it sounds like a fuse or several fuses, problem. The fuse box in ours sits in the side locker next to the driver under a sliding cover. If you look at each fuse in turn, you should be able to spot which ones have blown. It would help if you had the Hymer manual which shows in diagram which fuses cover which circuits. We have had one recurring fuse problem with our van; whenever we switch on the vertical strip light by the door on the edge of the wardrobe, it blows one of the 10 amp fuses. So we have tape over the light switch. It can't be a mains supply problem if you have one 240v socket working, so must be a fuse I reckon. :Smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Queenie,

Sue and I live about 15 miles from you just outside Truro so I could pop across tomorrow if that's any help, but not tonight I'm afraid. Our van is a Hymer A class too, 2006, and from your description it sounds like a fuse or several fuses, problem. The fuse box in ours sits in the side locker next to the driver under a sliding cover. If you look at each fuse in turn, you should be able to spot which ones have blown. It would help if you had the Hymer manual which shows in diagram which fuses cover which circuits. We have had one recurring fuse problem with our van; whenever we switch on the vertical strip light by the door on the edge of the wardrobe, it blows one of the 10 amp fuses. So we have tape over the light switch. It can't be a mains supply problem if you have one 240v socket working, so must be a fuse I reckon. :Smile:

Thanks Guys, The van is down at the Lizzard till Sunday, will check on Monday when van comes back, my friends are borrowing it at the moment. :thumb:

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well i let my friends borrow the van for the weekend, and they didn't know you had to put the 12v switch on to get the vans lights on, so everything is ok, thanks for all your help anyway. Im so relieved it wasn't a major problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back