hymer b534 base (1 Viewer)

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
hi have an old 1995 hymer b 534 fiat ducato 25tdi. and seems hard to get the right parts for it been to fiat dealers with log book. and system cant find it. any one know what chassis its on.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The older 534 was on the Ducato Maxi chassis. Thousands of them were made. Try a different dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i have the same vehicle[1996] and being a lhd imported from germany approx 15years ago the chassis number does not show up any info when enquiring for parts at any motor factors or even fiat main dealers. mine [as snowbird has already said] is built on the maxi chassis. something that is worth checking is what chassis payload it has .[not to be confused with the hymer quoted payload]. if you look on the fiat vin plate amongst the vehicle weights you will see a figure of 1.4 or 1.8 this corresponds to 1400kg or 1800kg [carrying capacity]. this info is important to ensure you get the right suspension parts, brake shoes ,cylinders etc . i recently replaced the front suspension on mine[1.8] and although looking visibly the same the 1.4 did in fact have a smaller diameter internal strut. hope this is of some help . regards garry

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
thanks for your info I got brake shoes a while back and decided to fit them the other day they were slightly different did not fit. on the box said ducato bus. noticed the right ones which said ducato box.i think your right when you say maxi chassis so I will try that. parts I need are rear brakes and cilinders. shocks and probably wheel bearings. do you know if there should be slight play on the rear bearings.thanks for your help

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
What parts are you after, Fiat or Hymer?
i have the same vehicle[1996] and being a lhd imported from germany approx 15years ago the chassis number does not show up any info when enquiring for parts at any motor factors or even fiat main dealers. mine [as snowbird has already said] is built on the maxi chassis. something that is worth checking is what chassis payload it has .[not to be confused with the hymer quoted payload]. if you look on the fiat vin plate amongst the vehicle weights you will see a figure of 1.4 or 1.8 this corresponds to 1400kg or 1800kg [carrying capacity]. this info is important to ensure you get the right suspension parts, brake shoes ,cylinders etc . i recently replaced the front suspension on mine[1.8] and although looking visibly the same the 1.4 did in fact have a smaller diameter internal strut. hope this is of some help . regards garry

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
I. will check that out my van was imported from germany 11 year ago. have you had probs trying to get caravan parts.like habitation door hinges managed to get 1.from Brownhills. been looking for years.need an other 2. was thinking of changing to a different hinge system.just checkt vin.1650 .1750 I take it that's the front and rear axel. so parts will be for 1800kg

Last edited:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
sorry for the late reply .i have been away .if i remember correctly the rear wheel bearings are tapered so therfore a little play is normal. my van is on the x230 ducato maxi chassis and it actually shows a payload figure of 1.8 on the fiat vin plate . as for the rear brake cylinders, i think you will find that the bus variant will probably be based on the 1400kg and could therfore have smaller diameter pistons than you require. when i replaced the rear flexi brake pipe on mine it was a case of measuring the existing one and getting one from a brake suppliers as nobody even listed it . i have not had to buy any habitation parts but as has been said previosly there were plenty made, so i am sure a web search will be the answer for any parts you need. good luck .regards garry.

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
sorry for the late reply .i have been away .if i remember correctly the rear wheel bearings are tapered so therfore a little play is normal. my van is on the x230 ducato maxi chassis and it actually shows a payload figure of 1.8 on the fiat vin plate . as for the rear brake cylinders, i think you will find that the bus variant will probably be based on the 1400kg and could therfore have smaller diameter pistons than you require. when i replaced the rear flexi brake pipe on mine it was a case of measuring the existing one and getting one from a brake suppliers as nobody even listed it . i have not had to buy any habitation parts but as has been said previosly there were plenty made, so i am sure a web search will be the answer for any parts you need. good luck .regards garry.
thanks . for your reply the van vin says 230 BEMBB its driving me mental trying to get parts for this .in the book for type dimentions ect. it says total pay load 3.500.yet on the vin reads 3.400. seems I will have to take the parts of for the serial numbers. as the motorfactors are struggling to find them.thanks for your help rab.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
your welcome rab ,glad to be of some help. something to remember as well is that the numbers printed on the parts do not always correspond to part numbers. on calipers for example they can be casting numbers and therefore will bear no relevence to fiat part numbers. this can be very evident when looking at parts in the citroen peugeot group. in most cases the same part will allocated different part numbers depending on which dealer network is stocking the parts. your best option is to take the part into a well established trade motor factors, [ some of the newer independent parts suppliers are solely based on reg number identification , which will not work.] in cases like yours [and mine] .the old school approach of measuring and comparing parts against multiple fitments is the way to go. back in the day, the lads who worked in parts departments were usually ex mechanics or at least had a good working knowledge of motor vehicles, nowadays they are keyboard operators [hence the computer says no mentality]. regards garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back