Hymer B524 (1 Viewer)

meddyliol

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Funster No
Hi, I am interested in a 2002 B524 motorhome. I haven't seen it in 'the flesh' yet but the dealer says it is in good nick (he would wouldn't he). Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? It has a fixed single bed at the rear and a pull down double ober the cab plus awning and safari etc. It is priced at £26995 and 29000 miles. Is this a decent price?
Any help would be appreciated

Brian :Smile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi, I am interested in a 2002 B524 motorhome. I haven't seen it in 'the flesh' yet but the dealer says it is in good nick (he would wouldn't he). Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? It has a fixed single bed at the rear and a pull down double ober the cab plus awning and safari etc. It is priced at £26995 and 29000 miles. Is this a decent price?
Any help would be appreciated

Brian :Smile:

Can not say if it is the right price Looked at one last FEb at dealer was priced around 31K and very worn out habitation area think simular milage, walked away
In the end opted for B854 sourced from b-bay. at 27k 2002
If you can get warrenty and everything checked out, price might be ok
You can get a feel roughly how much they are going for from Pre-loved , E-bay sites
hope it helps

OP
OP
M

meddyliol

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for that, it does come with a full service and 12 month warranty so might be a good deal.

Thanks again

Brian ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would have thought that is a very good price for a B524 in good condition. I don't have one, but it shares some fittings with our B630 so I can make a few observations.

I think the 2002 B524 was available in three layouts (all had rear bunk and front pull-down double). The lounge area could be a twin dinette, L-shaped settee, or "Bar" version with a single "captain's chair". Our B630 has the L-shaped settee which works very well for us, but bear in mind that it has only one seatbelt.

The shower room will have a swing-wall arrangement to form a shower cubicle. This works very well and the cubicle is large enough provided you don't need to swing your arms about too much. In practise, it is as large as some shower cubicles on sites. Pay attention to three areas. The clip on the right-hand wall, that holds the swing-section in place, can fracture over time. I had to replace ours; it cost about £35 for the plastic section, but I believe it is quite a lot more expensive now. Have a look for signs of crazing at the stress point.
Similarly, examine the left hand extremity of the wash basin where it adjoins the wall. This is an area of stress and can crack if the previous owners have leant heavily on the basin.
Open the swing wall and examine the waste pipe. It should be a single white corrugated length from the basin to the socket in the floor, but it can wear with time. Some people cut it and fix a new piece in place with a junction. This is not a great idea as it's a fairly simple job to replace the whole pipe should it be necessary. The dealer we bought ours from replaced it after a couple of months as a "bodge-job" had been done previously - FOC of course.

It is well worth having two leisure batteries - if these are fitted already, that's a bonus.

Can't think of any other areas to check apart from all the usual things one would look for in buying a second-hand MH. I have never driven a Fiat Hymer so cannot comment on any aspects of that, but 29,000 miles is not much for a commercial chassis and engine - barely run-in!

Philip

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a 2002 B574 almost the same,price seems good,Make sure they change the cam belt.Check the plastic sliders on ALL the windows the long ones that operate the side catches they are very expensive.
Having said that we love ours and had no problems with it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back