Hymer B series motorhome specs (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello

A cousin of my wife wants to buy a used m/h and likes the quality of our 1992 Hymer S670, but it's too old for her. She is leaning towards a medium/larger B series Hymer and has asked us to help her find the right one which we're happy to do.

Where can we find the manufacturers specs for Hymer B series from about 2000 onwards please, also layouts if possible?

Thanks

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks Jim that's useful

I thought a few years ago I had found a Hymer Germany archive with the specs on all models going back to year dot, but no luck after searching for a while this evening, can't find anything beyond current models.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have a Hymer 2003 catalogue but it's in German and a bit big to upload. I could clip out the B-class layout pages if you like and upload them. Tomorrow - not tonight! Let me know if you want these.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Here's a link to the 2005 catalogue

www.hymer.com/medien/pdf/HYMER_RM_ENG_2005_1.pdf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The German site Link Removed has so many vans for sale with good descriptions and plenty of photos if you search on there and look through the results you should get a good idea of layout and spec over many model years.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
No catalogues were harmed in the making of these images (PDF copy, not paper)
Hope is helps.

For information, the Classic range was slightly lower specified than the Star-Line or B-Klasse ranges. The Mercedes-based Classics (B-Classic M) are not very common, most standard B-Classics are on a Fiat Ducato base. As well as the spec differences, they are built on the original Fiat chassis whereas the more expensive B-Klasse are built on an Alko rear chassis bolted to the Fiat front end. This allows for a double floor construction that came in around 1999/2000 (some earlier B-Klasse had a single floored Alko rear chassis).
The Star-Line models have the same internal spec as the B-Klasse but they are more expensive as they are built on a Sprinter base. Obviously, one of the key differences between the Fiat and Mercedes bases is that the latter are rear-wheel drive, so there are no twin-axled layouts. The bigger Star-lines (680 and 700) are built on a 413/416 chassis with GVW of 4,600 Kg. The smaller ones (630, 640) are built on a 313/316 chassis with 3,800 kg GVW.
Contrary to popular opinion (in some quarters) the single-floored Star-Lines (and Classics) are properly winterised. The fresh tank and all pipe work are internal and the external waste tank is insulated and heated by the Truma. The 'single' floor is not simply a sheet of timber - it is a sandwich of PU foam between two layers of marine-grade ply.

2003 Classic & Star-Line.jpg

2003 B-Klasse.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back