Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
hello all, just bought a 1990 hymer 544, it has air suspension but the lady I bought it from has no knowledge of how to work it. There is what looks like an air valve by the back wheel arch. Can anyone tell me what pressure it should be for laden and unladen? We are off to France soon for a couple of months and will doubtless have more questions for you knowledgable lot. thanks in advance,Tilly and Bill

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A couple of things...

Firstly do you know which make of airbags you have? (mine are Driverites). If you find out you can probably find instructions online...

Secondly do you have a single valve with the air pipe splitting at a "T" piece and a pipe going to each bag or do you have a separate valve for each bag?

I have separate valves so I can choose the height of each side of my van. The makers state the pressure must be no less than 10 psi and no more than 100 psi. Keeping within those limits I pumped mine up until the van was level side to side and the gap between the rear tyres and the wheel arches looked ok.

JJ :Cool:

Upvote 0

deanotic

Free Member
May 2, 2011
Dereham norfolk
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
3 years
air suspension

Hi , i fitted dunlop air suspension on my Hymer 594 and i run it at 40psi . This
keeps my van level and improves stability , you can use a tyre inflator plugged
into the cigarette lighter to inflate them . Definatley a bonus to have them fitted .:Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back