Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I stumbled upon an old thread about aerial amplifiers in A class Hymer’s on the ‘other forum. The OP who no longer post on there was talking about a wire from an aerial booster in the roof lining that needed to be connected to a live feed which would improve reception substantially. It was suggested that if the wire was not immediately obvious you should strip back the loom insulation and it would be there.

My problem is that whilst I can see where the aerial wire exits the loom it will be extremely difficult to get to the loom to strip the insulation back. So my question is , does anyone know if these amplifiers were definitely fitted to 2007 models before I employ a very, very small person to try and get in there.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Normally they are powered via the co-ax and all you need to do is turn on the 5v atenna power on your TV.
Don't know about a 2007 van.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Lenny, perhaps I didn’t make it clear that I was talking about the radio aerial The chap had a 2005 B Class which had the aerial and booster in the headlining over the drop down bed.

I suppose I could pull down the headlining and have a look, if there a new live wire could be attached. He said that the radio reception did improve after he powered the booster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
On my 2016 B544 the aerial feed was connected behind the radio. When I took delivery reception was poor and the radio installer failed to make the connection , soon sorted .

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I never could find the Aerial in my Hymer, sometime I could get a signal other nothing and if you stood up it ruined the reception if you had any. Never saw any aerial and though it must be the frame of the opening hatch. Ended up using an external aerial on a pole up the side with a household aerial.. Travel-world refused to tell me where it was as it was confidential only to dealers?????????????WTF. So they would not tell me where it was or where the solar wiring was either, but I found that above the fridge in trunking.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
377D8A0B-8CD8-4E07-B609-17D176872EEB.jpeg
This is a copy of a photo of the aerial from the original post. It was apparently secured to the roof over the driver or passenger seat and covered by the headlining.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I never could find the Aerial in my Hymer, sometime I could get a signal other nothing and if you stood up it ruined the reception if you had any. Never saw any aerial and though it must be the frame of the opening hatch. Ended up using an external aerial on a pole up the side with a household aerial.. Travel-world refused to tell me where it was as it was confidential only to dealers?????????????WTF. So they would not tell me where it was or where the solar wiring was either, but I found that above the fridge in trunking.

Mine has a short roof mounted aerial half way along on the lh side

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our Belgium dealer showed us where the power connection was for the radio aerial, and where the solar cables were

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back