Hymer a class rear indicator lens.....any ideas please (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
You won’t be happy. You’ll know it’s not shining properly. You’ll lose sleep. Other Hymer owners will point and whisper. People will stop talking to you. (Not funsters, we’ll talk to anybody).
Go on, order it now. It’s either that or upgrade to an autotrail ?

Nobody talks to me now, and the worst best thing is I need a wee dram or three before bedtime for my beauty sleep :beerchug: and with one eye shut the Hymer looks wonderful :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Don’t think that will include delivery will it?

It was safely boxed by Hymer and very light so I guess collection /delivery by Hermes or similar, which is easily arranged would be far cheaper than the £50 price difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Fortunately it’s just on the top and temporary fix with matching grey gaffa tape will keep it dry.
May well try a semi permanent fix with a piece of plastic and araldite as the break is not on the lens area.

You could try repairing it with a rainx windscreen repair kit from Halfords (about £12.00 I think).
I think it would be better than the epoxy repair (although this kit is also epoxy) and may end up almost invisible. Join the pieces with rainx then take out in the sun for UV to cure it.
After curing, any excess resin can be scraped off with the supplied razor blade

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
You could try repairing it with a rainx windscreen repair kit from Halfords (about £12.00 I think).
I think it would be better than the epoxy repair (although this kit is also epoxy) and may end up almost invisible. Join the pieces with rainx then take out in the sun for UV to cure it.
After curing, any excess resin can be scraped off with the supplied razor blade

I have now bought a new replacement but might well still repair the damaged one for a spare.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Yep, worth having a spare for the next time you wash your van. ?

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Got a new marker light from a company bolt on bits they do caravan and motorhome lighting. It was a good price and arrived quickly seems a good company to remember next time www.boltonbits.co.uk. They are nothing to do with me just seemed good
Neil

Deleted User
Try coastal caravans. , very helpful.☺

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back