Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
hi all having just gone from a veedub LT to a Hymer 660s i,m wondering what to wash the exterior of the van with(its quite grubby)?any suggestions on cleaning fluids?also anyone got any details of whereabouts i can get spare parts for my motorhome ie the interior?i,m wondering if my motorhome has had the grill/oven removed as there is'nt one fitted,the hob is there ,maybe i could buy another grill/oven if i could sorce one,we definately need one ha ha! regards RJJ :thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi and :welcome: ...

There's usually loads of Hymer parts on ebay - go to motorhome spares, type 'hymer' in the box ...

:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Forgot: Hymers and in fact most continental MHs don't have ovens and grills fitted ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have'nt got an oven in our Hymer 584, quite a few Hymers dont, we are als looking to have one fitted,

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hymer 660s, is a super van, produced in the 80's and 90's you will be pleased with it. An oven and grill were not fitted as standard. Early models had a fixed black tank and marine type toilet, later ones had a cassette. I wonder if yours still has the generator fitted as many have been removed over the years. There are a numbe rof members with that model. but only JJ comes to mind. so he will no doubt be able to answer any other queries. Supurb engine often good for a million miles, fuel consumption around 17-18mpg. The older models are the best ones, enjoy it.

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
thanks for all your replies,Wildman ,yes the generator still there and working,its getting serviced next week,fantastic bit of kit and super ideal for when we wildcamp!its a fantastic motorhome,bit slow on the hills ,but its got a lot of home comforts(apart from a grill ha ha)we wanted an A class,and this one was within our budget,having had a look around i was amazed at the prices of motorhomes,a lot of money,i need to win the lottery ::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wash mine (1987 660) (no oven or grill) with normal car wash/polish stuff (Turtle something) and polish it with Mer...

Plan to have it really gleaming for Marjal but as this meet is only a couple of months away I might not have enough time... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

PS. What year is your Hymer?

Attachments

• Hymer Clean 1.jpg
    Hymer Clean 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Hymer Clean 2.jpg
    Hymer Clean 2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Hymer Clean 3.jpg
    Hymer Clean 3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 24
  • You Don't Need a Grill or Oven for this Feast.jpg
    You Don't Need a Grill or Oven for this Feast.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 25

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
By the way R.J.J. ... you should know that it is a well known FACT that those Hymer Onan, push button start, on-board generators are Extremely Dangerous and have been known to cause severe injury and damage to both the occupants and the vehicle...

DO NOT DESPAIR...

...As a fellow Funster, I will do you a big favour and remove it from your Hymer AT NO CHARGE TO YOU and store it safely in a special cupboard I have currently sitting empty....

JJ :Cool:

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
You can make them a little easier to drive(not as droney and a bit faster )by fitting a gearbox off one of the smaller vans,i cant remember which one at the minute but i can find out if reqd.:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
hi all having just gone from a veedub LT to a Hymer 660s i,m wondering what to wash the exterior of the van with(its quite grubby)?any suggestions on cleaning fluids?also anyone got any details of whereabouts i can get spare parts for my motorhome ie the interior?i,m wondering if my motorhome has had the grill/oven removed as there is'nt one fitted,the hob is there ,maybe i could buy another grill/oven if i could sorce one,we definately need one ha ha! regards RJJ :thumb:

I wouldn't bother with a fitted oven, get a Halogen oven, you can grill roast and toast in it, we use one all the time and just use the conventional oven to store the Halogen one in. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back