Hymer 584 fuel tank size? / exhaust fumes (1 Viewer)

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Folks - our B584 is based on the Fiat Ducato 2.8 TD. I don't have the base vehicle handbook, only the Hymer spec in German! I think the fuel tank size is 85 lts? Problem is the fuel gauge fluctuates and reads nearly empty afer only 425 km ( LH drive) - only takes 40 odd litres to fill up. Anybody know the exact size of the tank? Is the fuel gauge a known problem on this base ( yr 2000)?

Exhaust appears to be too short - doesn't protrude out past the skirt. At idle fumes seep into the vehicle. No problems when driving. Has anybody modded theirs?

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi, we have a 584 and my husband thinks that 85 Lts sounds about right for fuel tank, & yes our fuel guage hops around well.
Our exhaust seems about right, we don't get any fumes inside, maybe you should get an extension for the end.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i thought the tank capacity was 80ltrs but i will stand corrected.

ours is a 2001 2.8 ducato and the fuel gauge has a mind of its own...95% of the time its ok but the other 5% is a different story.
could show empty one minute then 3/4 full the next, then 1/2 then empty again...ll this with around half a tank, checked both on mileage and refill cost.
the tank sender is under the passengers (RHD) floor accessed via a removable flap in the rubber mat and a metal plate below that.
i took off the connector and sprayed with WD40 but the fault still appeared at a later date.
easiest to work on 25mpg and check mileage when filling.
you should have around 450miles from a full tank before running out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
thanks folks - will clean the connections and see what happens. Will just ignore the gauge and base mileage on 600 km before filling up. Consumption varies between 25 - 29 mpg depending on roads. It is being serviced this Friday ( brake fluid hasn't been changed for 5 yrs!!) will ask garage if they can weld on an extension to the exhaust - only needs about 200mm.

cheers!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back