Hymer 542 dumping fresh water (1 Viewer)

Róbert_IS

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Hello. I recently bought a used Hymer 542 CL. It has a Trumatic C6002 boiler/heater.
Q1: When opening a water faucet, e.g. in the kitchen, the water pump starts and the water pours out of the faucet like it should. At the same time the fresh water gets dumped via a pipe that´s just beside the left rear wheal of the vehicle (see attached pic). When turning off the faucet, the fresh water still flows out of the pipe, even if the water pump has stopped. This means an empty fresh water tank within a short period of time. I have checked the red drain valve beside the boiler and it is closed and also the temperature is well above 4°C.
Q2: On the other attached pic. there can be seen two blue valves, one is connected to a red hose and the other to a grey hose. What is the purpose of these valves? Should they always stay open? When should they be closed?

Attachments

• IMG_1153[1].JPG
    IMG_1153[1].JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0919[1].JPG
    IMG_0919[1].JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 58
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The automatic dump valve may be faulty as they were known problems with them a few years ago, you could change it for a manual one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Those two valves with blue turn wheels are the drain cocks for the pipelines, one in the cold and one in the hot lines. They should both be tightened clockwise before you fill the tank, otherwise water will leak out as you have described. P.s. don't overtighten them, just nip them closed.
When you want to drain down, open the cocks and depress the frost protection valve for the Truma. Also open the drain plug in the fresh tank. Switch off 12 volt power and lift the mixer tap levers to allow air to enter the pipelines. I also blow into the taps at the end of the process to encourage residual water to leave the pipes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The answer to Q2 may solve Q1. They look like 2 screw turn dump valves probably installed by the previous owner. Try closing them both by turning them clockwise. If the water dumping stops then that is the answer.

Bugger, beaten to it by @JeanLuc

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Róbert_IS

Róbert_IS

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Those two valves with blue turn wheels are the drain cocks for the pipelines, one in the cold and one in the hot lines. They should both be tightened clockwise before you fill the tank, otherwise water will leak out as you have described. P.s. don't overtighten them, just nip them closed.
When you want to drain down, open the cocks and depress the frost protection valve for the Truma. Also open the drain plug in the fresh tank. Switch off 12 volt power and lift the mixer tap levers to allow air to enter the pipelines. I also blow into the taps at the end of the process to encourage residual water to leave the pipes.
Well, thanks for the replys. I´ve now tried what was suggested JeanLuc. I tightened clockwise the blue wheels for the drain cocks. The water doesn´t get dumped anymore from the pipe behind the rear left wheel of the vechicle. However, there´s a new problem. When I open the kitchen faucet, the water flows out of it, but then water starts to leak from a hose connected to the boiler (see attached pic.) Any suggestions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_1161[1].JPG
    IMG_1161[1].JPG
    85 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Róbert_IS

Róbert_IS

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Róbert_IS

Róbert_IS

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
I´m glad to say that I seem to have found out what the problem was. I unfastened the grey plastic elbow. The part of it that connects to the boiler itself, had an o-ring inside that was lopsided. After putting it back in its correct position, I filled the heater and there seems to be no water dripping (so far anyway). :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back