Hymer 534 rear lounge and rad filler (1 Viewer)

Justavagabond

Free Member
Nov 23, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ex caravanner one year Hymer
Hi there
I've changed from caravans to a 1989 hymermobile on a fiat chassis, it's the one with the grey grill with 'Hymer' apertures. I have limited paperwork with the van and am restoring the 'improvements made by the previous owner. The U shaped rear seats currently have (what I assume is DIY thin plywood bases). Does anyone know what they should be like? I'm guessing slats like a caravan. Second qusetion may be daft, but the radiator header tank cap is a few mm below the underside of the soundproofed ply dash, how do you top up water? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Cant help regarding the under bed, but the header tank is the same on all the older Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot chassis. Its a pain to see if it needs topping up and the only way I have found is by sticking your finger in when cold. The only way to top up is by a hosepipe or piece of hose attached to a watering can. I suppose if you cant live with that you could move it to a lower place.

Upvote 0

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
hi, i have a 1996 534 [the next shape] but a similar layout and the seat bases on that are only plywood and as far as i can see are totally original . the drop down table provides the strength for the bed when it is required so they dont really need to be anything more substantial . garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back