Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My RV is in for pre MOT work:Doh::cry: and been told it has this braking system.

Is this standard on the Ford F53 chassis? and what does it do exactly? yes i guess it boosts the brakes:roflmto:

Having all sort of bits and pieces done think it was glanced through last years MOT as looking at some of the bushes and things that are being replaced been gone a long time.

My bus had done an extremely low mileage when I bought her and so this running gear probably has hardly every been used.

The bill so far is:Doh::cry::cry:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John the hydraboost system uses hydraulic pressure from the steering pump to boost the braking system. I believe its very common on Petrol RV's.

Olley

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John the hydraboost system uses hydraulic pressure from the steering pump to boost the braking system. I believe its very common on Petrol RV's.

Olley

Well my brakes have been really C R A P so hope that the service on the system and new fluid will improve them:pray::roflmto:

It doesn't help with size 13 shoes that seem to get in the way, was thinking of having holes cut through the floor so i could really use FOOT brakes:roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi John and Ian
I think that lots of RVs use Hydroboost, not just petrol ones. Our Chevy P30 diesel had this system, we know because we had to replace it all.......
Our brakes really improved after we had a new brake booster fitted and with a new steering box that didn't drop all the fluid onto the floor things improved dramatically.... The steering and brakes are linked hydraulically so sorting out any problem is a big "must do"....
Good luck John

Keith

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
My mechanic is NUTS on American vehicles (got loads himself) so servicing my bus is a pleasure to him so always informing me of every nut and bolt on it.

Told me the fluid was very yucky so replacing it.

My bill in nearly 4 figures though:cry: but once it done...................................?

The next job is a respray and if I am definitely keeping her LPG conversion.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well I picked her up today and she has had a major service and lube and what a different bus.

She drove well before but now she is so smooth and the brakes are certainly better with the fluid change and overhaul.

Talking with the mechanic he agree the very low guaranteed mileage is right but also said she probably missed some time related services:RollEyes:

Anyway she purring like a cat now and all the money spent on her has been worthwhile:winky::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back