Hvar Campsites (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Any feedback about camping in Hvar? Ferries plus other islands in Croatia?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Did hvar and brac as a fly holiday so cant comment on campsites. Lovely islands.
Krk Vir and Pag did with motorhome, all great, was a little disappointed in Vir and Pag, not sure why, just expected a little more.
In my opinion the islands don't offer a great deal more than the mainland.
I think I'll mostly stick to the national parks and mainland now I've seen the islands.
Probably go back to Krk at some point though as I did love it there and it's easy to get to with a road bridge.
Most campsites in Croatia are of a very high standard but some are vast, 800-900 pitches ! I avoid those.
Look for the small campsites of which there are many.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
800-900 that's small we were on one near Rovinj that had over 2000! Yes you are right lots of huge ones. But some lovely little gems here and there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Maybe a bit late with my suggestion, but I highly recommend checking out <https://www.camping.hr/ok-mini-camps>, they list small privately run sites through out Croatia.

'Camp Romantik' just outside Labin (Istria) on - route for the Cres Ferry from- Brestova is highly recommended - only eight spaces out of season but with all the facilities you could ask for; usual sanitary facilities, small heated pool, BBQ, kitchen facilities and appliances for your use.

Robert

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Done most of the islands and agree with above. The islands are the same as the mainland. Both have beautiful coastal towns. We did the entire coast of Croatia last year and always prefer the Makarska Riviera. One of the best places we found was Zaostrog , it has an ACSI site there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back