Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not serious but annoying. I can't get cover off from behind seat in my X250 without wreaking it... can anyone give me a clue plse. the step alarm has stopped working and apparently there's a connection at back of the electrical unit..step works fine

secondly. something has fallen down back of drawer unit and need to remove it there is no obvious way to do this that I can see. its not like a domestic units that just lift out..bloomin germans :)

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 78
  • cubord.jpg
    cubord.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Judge; it looks like the cover is hinged on the right side, so carefully looking and prising the cover along the left edge ought to work, prise between the top edge and metal flange...if that makes sense, also same at the bottom corner.
Photo a bit blurred on the other issue, sorry,
Hope it helps
alan b

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
no I dont think its hinged..

here is another pic of draw runner...what am I missing folks! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• drawer.jpg
    drawer.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 44

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have a German desk at home with similar runners on the drawers.. the only way to remove them is to unscrew the runner inside the drawer .. yours may be the same.

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Judge
On the drawer, at the front of the sliding units there are small gray catches that can be moved, allowing the drawer to slide out.
Dont know abiut the seat base, sorry.
Pete

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe a Posl owner will help, but it still looks like it pivots on RHS and fixes/clips on LHS

regards
alan b
pin n catch.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not trying hard enough Eddie, they are a bit of a pig and can break them easily (been there done that).

There is a moulded clip in the cover about quarter of the way in from each side that clips under the metal seat base, the bottom has a couple of moulded hooks that hook under a steel rail, must release top clips first, worth putting the heating on for Half an hour to get the plastic a bit softer before trying.
Once you have got it off cut the top clips off and refit using a flange head self tapper on each side about half way down, I did that on my last van, Hymer now do it as standard.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Deft clips in there broke one of mine off. Fixed back with a cable tie and blue tack to stop any rattle
U might be able to reach in from the front with a small flat blade screwdriver to ease the clips off.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
both jobs done, much obliged. my mistake was pushing the clips down when you need to push them up while pulling cover back

where the two runners meet, when fully extended there is a grey plastic clip that sticks out. on one side you push up , the other down...

now where did I put that silicon spray:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back