Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
See my thread “got mine today”

Very very happy Colyboy
Hey, great to hear, Colyboy. I’m so jealous 😉

We are still waiting. Have phoned the DVLA a couple of times but only to be advised that their timescale is around 6 weeks. We were suppose to be getting ours on 21st June but that looks very unlikely now. im hoping it will happen sometime next week as we are off work and it’s a long journey down south.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The best way to complain is to get it in before you apply or send any documents.:laughing::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I had to wait 11 weeks! :mad:
Join the queue, 15 weeks now and still waiting for age 70 + C1, sent in exactly 90 days before expiry,
given up, still driving, if i get stopped will just play it by ear.
Strange but my MH tax renewal has happened today , ready for 1 July, and that has all gone through

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
For those trying to contact DVLA , when you phone you get all sorts of replies from them. Ignore them all. just keep redialing and you WILL get to speak to some one.

Hope this helps, I got through yesterday after about 20 minutes of redialing and obtained my reg number.

very happy Colyboy

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
5 weeks to the day today (21/06) since the documents went in and it's done - Registration now showing on DVLA site and we can collect the van as planned 3 weeks from today (y):cool:......

Considering the industrial action that's been going on, Covid and everything else - I'm happy with that!:smiley:

Hope everyone elses registrations, documents and licences get sorted as well (y)

Feb 21, 2021
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 2021
We got our V5 last week took in total 11 weeks. We picked the van up mid March and have been using it since pickup only to find the DVLA states it was taxed on the 1st May. Not sure how our dealer allowed us to drive off and what the insurance implications would have been if we had had an accident or if we had to make a claim.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We got our V5 last week took in total 11 weeks. We picked the van up mid March and have been using it since pickup only to find the DVLA states it was taxed on the 1st May. Not sure how our dealer allowed us to drive off and what the insurance implications would have been if we had had an accident or if we had to make a claim.
Sadly some dealers are absolutely clueless. Or more cynically perhaps more interested in grabbing your money than worrying about the law.

Ashburham

Free Member
Sep 29, 2020
Burry Port, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Read earlier on that they are back on strike tomorrow till Thursday, we are 8 weeks tomorrow waiting for registration…. frustrating!

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Read earlier on that they are back on strike tomorrow till Thursday, we are 8 weeks tomorrow waiting for registration…. frustrating!
Keep checking the DVLA site daily and entering your reg (which I'm sure you are) - I really wasn't expecting anything to come up on ours - but thankfully it did

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
5 weeks to the day today (21/06) since the documents went in and it's done - Registration now showing on DVLA site and we can collect the van as planned 3 weeks from today (y):cool:......

Considering the industrial action that's been going on, Covid and everything else - I'm happy with that!:smiley:

Hope everyone elses registrations, documents and licences get sorted as well (y)
How do you check
I’ve been waiting 5 weeks for DVLA to register my new van and the dealer has heard nothing back

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
I haven’t got the reg, I‘m sure the dealer told me that was assigned by Dvla?
Our dealer had a number of registrations we could choose from (about 20 from a list assigned by the DVLA to them)
- It may be different for other dealers of course - worth checking back with yours

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Our dealer had a number of registrations we could choose from (about 20 from a list assigned by the DVLA to them)
- It may be different for other dealers of course - worth checking back with yours
All the car and motorhome dealers I have dealt with either had access to the online system or had a list of numbers pre-allocated to them. I thought you needed the registration number in advance to get insurance. Has the DVLA stopped insisting on proof of insurance before registering a vehicle?

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Phoned DVLA today after a 50 minutes on hold eventually got to speak to a human being instead of using the useless webchat service and result
got an update on my new A-class registration being completed .
V5 in the post today :Grin::Grin:

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Hey, well done. We are still waiting on ours being registered. How long has your application been in for?

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Neil. We have chased up a number of times. However ours probably now just over the the five week mark so fingers crossed it will be very soon. 😃

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Phoned DVLA today after a 50 minutes on hold eventually got to speak to a human being instead of using the useless webchat service and result
got an update on my new A-class registration being completed .
V5 in the post today :Grin::Grin:

Great news it's through (y)

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Finally, it’s been registered. Has taken just over 5 weeks. Feel for those who are still waiting. My colleague’s son has had his application in for a provisional licence for 3 months now. He needed to provide prof of ID and as his passport had expired, he was advised by DVLA to send in his Birth certificate with his application, which the DVLA then sent back advising it was not suffice for ID 🙄.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back