LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
You would think that there is a ferry company out there who would run a ferry from Felixstowe to zebrugge whilst all this hassle at calais is going on

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We did this route for a recent tour of Bavaria. We thought it was superb and on the outward journey we upgraded whilst on board from an outside cabin to a club cabin for £50. For the extra room, comfort and other things included such as a glass of champagne, some Belgian chocolates, mini bar (soft drinks), tea/coffee, biscuits etc we felt like we were travelling in luxury and arrived in Zeebrugge feeling totally chilled :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You would think that there is a ferry company out there who would run a ferry from Felixstowe to zebrugge whilst all this hassle at calais is going on

Whats wrong with HARWICH to HOOK OF HOLLAND. Excellent crossing,,good ships. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Whats wrong with HARWICH to HOOK OF HOLLAND. Excellent crossing,,good ships. BUSBY.

Very modern ships, great a la carte restaurant and lovely staff. Couple that with Tesco deals and it is great.

Whilst we do use it, if it's last minute, hull works out cheaper and easier. Harwich is an arse in the world to get to (and home from when they shut the m1 and m6 on the same night for roadworks)

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Makes a change for North of Birmingham to be of benefit, 105 miles to Hull for me 205 Dover and double the time. Perhaps we should make York the Capital.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We looked at hull zeebrugge crossing last night as did Dover Calais in June and the 10 hour journey each way was awful and that was just weight of traffic, no problems with op stack, etc. The crossing I looked at last night was nearly £400 more expensive but take petrol costs for our RV and the hideous journey I ink we might go from hull next year

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We looked at hull zeebrugge crossing last night as did Dover Calais in June and the 10 hour journey each way was awful and that was just weight of traffic, no problems with op stack, etc. The crossing I looked at last night was nearly £400 more expensive but take petrol costs for our RV and the hideous journey I ink we might go from hull next year

I would try ringing the Caravan Club if you are members and see what deal they will do. We have always found them very good but it might be worth a call to P&O as well.

Martin

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Not trying to hijack the thread but is there a reason you can't get camping on board like the Italian / Greek ferries ? Might consider a ferry if they did

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
P&O's north sea routes go up and down in popularity.

When they are Busy, they can be a pain and a bit hair splitting.

When they are quiet, they are quite a good alternative.

Consider that out-of-season. You can take a 6.5m Motorhome and a trailer on a Saturday, one way from £125 or £137 direct and you can see that for us northerners, even Tesco/Eurotunnel deals are not tempting as they can work out more expensive.

TM

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No that will never happen. Just the security implications alone never mind health and safety would be a nightmare

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Those of you travelling to Hull's Ferry Port from the North East and Scotland will possibly come via York from the A1 and take the A64, then A1079 towards Hull.
Nearing Hull the Dock/Ferry port signs direct you onto the A1033. Soon after crossing "Blue Bridge" over the River Hull you'll see ASDA on your left : http://storelocator.asda.com/store/kingswood at Kingswood Retail Park.

Just thought I mention it as a convenient place to stock up/fill up before going to the Ferry as its enroute. Longer motorhomes are able to take up a single parking bay AND the bay behind you in the ASDA Car Park. Chris the car park attendant, himself a motorhomer, tells me this is OK, as long as your vehicle is within the white lines either side.

Wouldn't recommend parking in the Boots,Next,M&S Food Car Park areas across from ASDA. Bays there are tight and shorter.

The natives are friendly too ( I'm one of them).

No LPG here but there is at Morrisons Holderness Rd http://your.morrisons.com/Store-finder/Store-Details/?recordid=109 which is only half a mile off the ring road route to the port.

One word of warning... Avoid ASDA Kingswood on Sundays at 4pm when it closes at it gridlocks round there!

Welcome to Hull City of Culture 2017

HTH
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back