138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Mum was always moaning that they had DONE something to her PC Again and it didn't work. At the ripe old age of 85 I finally managed to persuade her to buy an IMac .. Now normally she doesn't listen to me BUT when she went to buy a new computer the nice man in the shop showed her how easy it was to use and she bought one. She has had a few problems but it's still going.

Best one was a few weeks back when she rang to say the mouse wasn't working. I tried to help but she just said she would go and see the nice man at the shop. She did and he sold her a new mouse. Then she rang me to say that one didn't work either. I asked her a couple of questions and then said perhaps it just needs a reboot. Ok she says I have done that what do you think I am stupid. So I then asked what was on the screen. Nothing was the reply. What absolutely NOTHING I asked. Yes nothing it's just black. Have you SWITCHED it ON with the little button on the back of the screen. Silence ... What button ..

So at 85 now 87 you can still learn new tricks .. Including how to switch on an IMac ....

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Seeing that this is my thread me taking off subject is ok, others may know this but i didnt give it too much thought, when my ipad was off i was thinking that off is well off. But when i was looking at what was logged into my wifi there it is just sitting there no dought talking to apple. so now i put it in aircraft mode before turning it off that seems to work.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Apple are crafty though they just wait for you to turn it back on again and hey presto .. You might as well just leave it on it does not cost anything. They are only listening to what you are saying to the wife and taking a few pictures ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back