Huawei Mobile WEIFI E5330 - Sim Card? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I have had a Huawei for the last year with a "3" sim card, which I bought for £20 (should last twelve months) which seemed to be working ok in the UK and abroad. But while abroad this year it stopped working (the sim card). Phoned "3" who were not at all helpful, so continue getting WiFi we had use Mcdonald's.

So today I phoned "3" again only to be told that their sim will only last two months while abroad. "3" suggested we pop back to the UK for a day then it would be Ok !!!!

Do not want to buy a sim on a monthly deal. How have others got over this problem. We do not use it for downloading much, only our local paper once aweek and checking our e-mails . Any suggestions please.

colyboy

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
We found the same, if your mifi is a year old it is unlocked and you can use other SIM cards in there. In both Spain and Portugal you can buy 10 gbyte sims, data only, for €10 which lasts 10 days, you can also get larger. In Portugal we used Meo and Vodafone and Spain Vodafone.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
When we went to France and Spain last year for the winter, we took two SIMs with us. After just short of the two months, took the first one out and installed the second.
Worked for us and hardly a King's ransom.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Minxy Girl will be along in a while to explain it all.

But the way we do it is to have at least 2 of these Three SIMs with us at any one time. Each will last at least 2 months. We can get them for about £24 each from Mymemory and we only use about 4 of 5Gb per month anyway. We reckon £12 per month for all the mobile data we need almost everywhere in Europe is great value.

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
@colyboy

Hello,

I would suggest buying an additional sim card for each two month period you will be abroad.

Regards,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the solution is to have 2 sims. that gives 2 lots of 60 days, so 4 months abroad

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
@Minxy Girl will be along in a while to explain it all.

But the way we do it is to have at least 2 of these Three SIMs with us at any one time. Each will last at least 2 months. We can get them for about £24 each from Mymemory and we only use about 4 of 5Gb per month anyway. We reckon £12 per month for all the mobile data we need almost everywhere in Europe is great value.
Hi.
Due to a lightning strike and some poles down,we can not get MEO services at home,along comes a samaritan and offers us the use of their MEO Dangly? I am on it now,(Clever bloomin' things or what!).Just one question please.
Now i am nearly in the 21st centuary."A Gig/byte? IF! i get my own Dangly,i would be useing it for G/mail/weather and when shown how to download Campercontact,that as well,so,how many Giggy bits might this use.... Just a rough estimate will do,as once i get into the swing of it,i can adjust usage. Thanks.
Tea Bag.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is a hidden trap in the Three sim cards. If you use one outside the UK as soon as you start using it the two month countdown starts. If you use it again as soon as you get back to the UK the clock stops. If you don't use it when you get back to the UK then the clock keeps going as the system thinks you are still outside the UK.
It also only works in whole months. So if you go away for three weeks then use it as soon as you come back those three weeks aren't counted. Similarly, if you went away for 6 weeks and then came back you would be docked only one month. The key in all this is to use the sim card the moment you get back into the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back