Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
When we are away in the van we are a bit lost if we can't get the internet, its more important to us than being able to watch the tele.

I bought a basic Huawei mifi unit and a '3' data sim card which gives you 12gb of internet over a 12 month period.

I put the sim card in the mifi unit and it just - worked :)

We are currently touring round parts of Norfolk, not generally known for its 3g coverage, and so far we have always had fast, reliable internet.

Apart from changing the network name and password there has been no technical faffing about.

Thought I'd recommend it in case other funsters are interested.

Paul

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
'3' data sim card which gives you 12gb of internet over a 12 month period.
Paul

Mine arrived today after the recommendation on here a week ago.

The previous 3G/3 month one worked well over the channel. That has now timed out.

Makes me wonder, I bought 3 local SIMs in Spain/Portugal, I've several others used up. Just how many phone numbers are there in the world of SIM. The local SIMs were better value and better coverage than 3 but it worked when we needed it, in France mainly.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
To add to this thread.... The 3 Data SIM card is in store just now for £30. You get 12 Gb of data which lasts for 12 months from when you start using it.

You can use the SIM in the UK and most of Europe.

This SIM cost £79 last year but is on offer right now for £30.

Note. The staff in 3 stores have no idea of the current offer. When they scan the barcode on the package though it will come up as costing £30.

Bargain !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I have to say we lost 2 hours of our life trying to reset ours as the enable roaming button needs to be pressed when you come abroad with it.
We arrived in France yesterday and the Mifi stopped working and needed our password. (Doesn't usually ask)
Partner forgot his password so we had to call three. Took hours and finally a guy in the help office in India talked me through putting it back to factory settings by taking the back off and following loads of instructions.
Jezzus bejesus got there in the end thank god! Don't forget your password! Or if you never change it it's admin !

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You get 12 Gb of data which lasts for 12 months from when you start using it.
Sounds like the one I got a month or two back but cost me £50 odd..
If I were to buy one at £30 now and keep it till it was needed you are saying it would be ok regardless of how long that was ie even a year....
Ta andy.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Do you have to set 3 sim in hauwei to roam when abroad ? I just thought that as pay as you go sim you just put it in mifi and it works just the same as it does in the UK .Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We've had a 3 midi for a couple of years now and works very well. So well in fact I changed my phone over to 3 in January as they do the "at home" service for when you are in Europe so you don't get and roaming charges dropped on you from a great height.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back