Huawei HELP please (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I'm in WET cold and windy Benidorm and need help with my Wi Fi device. In order to keep sane during this weather I thought that I would try out my Mifi device. It's connecting to my pad fine and showing ok but once I try to load an Internet page I'm getting no connection. Anyone know of a problem as it was ok at home.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Take to shop in benidorm market the phone shop in the centre mention motorhome funforum and he will sort it free of charge.
I went there last week.same problem
Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Check that you have credit and that you've not used your data allowance

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Is it the first time you've tried to use it outside uk? And had you activated the SIM in UK? We have same mifi so might be able to help.
We're in wet and windy Altea

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm in WET cold and windy Benidorm and need help with my Wi Fi device. In order to keep sane during this weather I thought that I would try out my Mifi device. It's connecting to my pad fine and showing ok but once I try to load an Internet page I'm getting no connection. Anyone know of a problem as it was ok at home.

Two questions....
Make/model of MiFi.
Who is SIM with.

But as someone else has said, the English guy in the market is who you want. He can sell you a Spanish SIM quite cheaply, this will work fast and save you UK one for later and he'll set it up. Then have a coffee and bacon buttie from the English cafe near him.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Thanks everyone. The device was set up in the UK and has 12gb of data. Will try the phone shop in Beni as Laurie suggested.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Two questions....
Make/model of MiFi.
Who is SIM with.

But as someone else has said, the English guy in the market is who you want. He can sell you a Spanish SIM quite cheaply, this will work fast and save you UK one for later and he'll set it up. Then have a coffee and bacon buttie from the English cafe near him.
It's a 3 mifi Huawei with a 3 data card of 12gb. It worked in the UK but here it tells me I'm connected and receiving 56mbs but nothing will connect.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's a 3 mifi Huawei with a 3 data card of 12gb. It worked in the UK but here it tells me I'm connected and receiving 56mbs but nothing will connect.
Need model no. Might be inside, then someone can tell you how to get your hands dirty inside.

It was a 3 Sim I had in Beni, the local Sim was much faster.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It sounds like your confusion is this...

You are getting a wifi connection from Mifi to your pad... BUT.. the connection from your Mifi to the 3g network is not connecting/connected for some reason... so whilst your pad is connected to your mifi - your mifi is not connected to internet... if you see what I mean...

I suspect it will be one of above... probs roaming setting if it was used and worked in UK :)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
It might be the APN settings. For my Huawei works in Spain using the following:

APN 3Internet
USR Blank
P/W Blank

I do not have my Huawei with me so can not tell you which menu they are on.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sounds like either the APN needing re-setting or roaming not on.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Need model no. Might be inside, then someone can tell you how to get your hands dirty inside.

It was a 3 Sim I had in Beni, the local Sim was much faster.

It's an E5573 and I haven't a clue about these. I've tried everything I can but needs some professional attention.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Did you set the mifi for roaming, this can be done on the three website after logging in or via the app. I had a similar problem recently, hopefully now solved with roaming enabled

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's an E5573 and I haven't a clue about these. I've tried everything I can but needs some professional attention.
Ok any E5573 users, can you talk him through thr control panel.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Ok any E5573 users, can you talk him through thr control panel.
Thanks very much. After muddling through very unknown items I've finally found my brain and sorted it. I put together all the suggestions from helpful funsters and unlocked roaming. Once again a big thanks to EVERYONE

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Did you set the mifi for roaming, this can be done on the three website after logging in or via the app. I had a similar problem recently, hopefully now solved with roaming enabled
Did as you said on the 3 app. So simple but as I'm not switched on to technology difficult. Many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back