Huawei E5776 or E5377? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Decided to replace an older Huawei Mifi with a more future proof model, we are making more time to travel in our MH and do like to keep in touch. Either or both of these ( E5776 or E5377 ) appear quite capable but are maybe for different purposes?

The 5776 has a long battery life, the 5377 appears to have the later technology. Without considering price which one would you choose and why?

Thansk

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I would opt for this amazon review. Battery life and signal is important to me to get online.

: The E5776 has better battery life but doesn't offer a 5GHz wifi signal ( 2.4GHz only ). The E5776 seems to deliver a slightly more reliable signal.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a E5776 and find it really good, the 4G signal we get now(changed from 3G around July in the area we're in) is really fast. We had a older MIFI before, a 576 I think, and this is a lot better.
No regrets, I bought it when Currys had a deal on Orange contract MIFI's and cancelled contract straight away and unlocked it with code off eBay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would check if an external aerial can be fitted. It probably can but best to double check. An external aerial can make a big difference at some locations.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I have the 5573 from 3

Gets 3g signal at times when phone has no signal at all. Really easy to use if course.

Battery life is dissapointing but I have it plugged in when we are in the campervan

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I suspect if you came back in 6 months you would find a similar device with a different model number.. They seem to change them regularly with minor changes to the spec..
Not looked but as dbk has said an external antenna socket (usually 2 ) is a good option,but again think most of the devices fit them now..
Mine which I think is a 5372 has a a function to enable it to connect to a Wi fi network instead of the mobile network..A function that is lost on me as I can't see any benefit.. If anyone can explain one I'd be happy..
Ta andy

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
It means you can share a single paid for connection with multiple devices. Very useful in hotels etc

Ahh it's the sharing capability.. not something that has been important to me so never considered that...
Thanks.
Andy

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The E5776 has one aerial port, I've not used an aerial, I've read some reports that they help and then some say not, normal story really you never no what to believe.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The E5776 has one aerial port, I've not used an aerial, I've read some reports that they help and then some say not, normal story really you never no what to believe.
Its a bit like when folk ask the question - should I buy a two pin adaptor for my EHU lead? You always get someone who says they have toured all over Europe and never needed one. Then when we were in northern Spain earlier this year and used a few sites every single one without exception needed a two pin adaptor. It makes you wonder where the folk who don't have an adaptor go?

Ditto, aerial sockets on MiFi. I used mine daily in Spain this year and there were several places where without it I couldn't get a signal at all. Then in other places the aerial turned a 2G signal into a 3G one. For what they cost, get an aerial would be my advise.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Its a bit like when folk ask the question - should I buy a two pin adaptor for my EHU lead? You always get someone who says they have toured all over Europe and never needed one. Then when we were in northern Spain earlier this year and used a few sites every single one without exception needed a two pin adaptor. It makes you wonder where the folk who don't have an adaptor go?

Ditto, aerial sockets on MiFi. I used mine daily in Spain this year and there were several places where without it I couldn't get a signal at all. Then in other places the aerial turned a 2G signal into a 3G one. For what they cost, get an aerial would be my advise.
Could I ask what aerial you have?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back