Huawei E5577C Overheating (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Whilst we were away last week I used our Huawei for the internet whilst we were staying Helmsley. Late evening I put it on charge ready for the next day.
The nearest free 12 volt socket was on the top of the dashboard were we plug the sat nav into. Next morning when we were packing up to move I plugged the sat nav in and noticed the screen on the Huawei said”Overheated”. This was about ten in the morning and quite a bright day.
I thought I had fried the Huawei by it being in the sun on top of the dash but worked ok later that day. Had I left it any longer or been in a hot climate it may not have survived.
A lesson learnt and not to be repeated.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I very recently learned that you can use your phone as a hotspot. The 'net reception for watching TV improved dramatically once I did this (it's in settings somewhere). I no longer need the Huawei and now just have the one phone contract.

Top Dog

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
None at present
Exp
David has 6 years experience as a full-timer in Australia (2002-2008). RV: "Winnebago Longreach".
I very recently learned that you can use your phone as a hotspot. The 'net reception for watching TV improved dramatically once I did this (it's in settings somewhere). I no longer need the Huawei and now just have the one phone contract.
It's worth noting when using your phone as a hotspot that the battery will drain down very quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back