HPI Checks - I wasted my money & a warning to others! (1 Viewer)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I wonder how one contacts them? They do seem to persevere :)

Google the Sherrif's office.

The first step is to transfer the case from the County Court to the High Court which brings it inside the Sherrif's jurisdiction.

Simple procedure that they do for you. Fee about £70 I think.

Edit - here you go - http://thesheriffsoffice.com/

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
The previous owner should have advised you before purchase that the vehicle had been in an accident/incident where damage was caused.

The seller did inform me there was 'slight damage' to the rear and added a few more lines of comfort:

Whether I can pursue him, I don't know at this point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
You may be able to pursue him. You have documentary evidence that the previous owner stated "not recorded as a write off". You have documentary evidence that it is a write off. It depends in legal terms what they consider the actual write off date. From this courts can easily decide if he is culpable and whether he was negligent/untruthful during the sale.

Also either you or solicitors on your behalf need to ascertain the exact date the insurance decided it was a category D write off. The assessor can be called as a witness and wont lie in court. My understanding and experience is that it is normal practice for them to discuss write off and explain categories.

Additionally if they paid him money to repair it himself or get it repaired himself and he did not get the damage repaired this could possibly be deemed as fraud by the insurance company depending on the wording of the payout.

I really do hope you are able to take it further. Good luck with your sale too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back