HPC Levellers installed and delighted with installation. (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Did they supply the box? Or did you have to source it?

Can I also ask how long the system takes to 'get level'?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've got my HPC installation booked in a couple of months :X3:
They supply the box but have to order it in. It takes less than 90 seconds, starting with the highest side and has different settings, level, slightly tipped forward, stabilise which just puts the feet down and drain which is tipped over to one side to empty the waste tank.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Now you see it, now you don’t. No loss of storage space but perfect access for any maintenance.

Attachments

• FEE9C26A-AF2F-44F1-939B-02D820E58D31.jpeg
    FEE9C26A-AF2F-44F1-939B-02D820E58D31.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 50E1FB9D-B633-47B3-B678-C52B9E302916.jpeg
    50E1FB9D-B633-47B3-B678-C52B9E302916.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 110

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
So @Hellski and @Hettie's Crew it's been several weeks and several months since your HPC installation, how are you finding it?

Any issues?

Any top tips?

Thoughts? Advice? Infinite words of wisdom?

Having mine fitted in a few weeks, quite excited :X3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
No regrets or issues whatsoever, the Bluetooth app works great from the phone, though we quite like controlling it from the panel. The mode that just steadies is good as it takes some pressure off all four tyres without actually levelling, great for when parked up for long periods in storage.
Whilst being level is obviously the whole point, being rock steady when moving about inside or in windy conditions is great too. Quite surprised with the ease at which they lift the front or rear up when levelling and quicker than we thought.
We did wonder if waxoil or something similar might be a good idea for long term protection and some blocks, probably made from 25mm marine ply for more extreme levelling situations rather than for soft ground as the feet are quite large and didn’t sink in at Peterborough. Regardless of being on level ground we still deploy them every time as being rock steady is addictive.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Excellent news :)

The rock steady part is a bonus too, entering and exiting the van from a side door on to an electric step often causes the van to rock a bit, so that's good to hear (y)

You mentioned the extreme levelling situations, have you pitched anywhere and found that the jacks aren't long enough?

Thanks for the update :D2

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think the footplates are smaller than those of E&p.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
View attachment 231781 sap Doncaster fitted my e&p underneath.
Very tidy job.
The HPC system has a hand operated lever on the pump which can be used in the event of electrical failure ... does E&P not have this Sue?
If it does I wouldn't want to crawl under the moho to pump in in an emergency... that would be my only concern with the pump fitted underneath the van.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I've not heard of any going wrong but thats what I've got recovery for. They can crawl underneath. You can do the e&p manually.
And if you had to do it manually would take forever unless you have a drill lol

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Likewise, we are delighted with our investment; note I said the royal we! My wife was sceptical, in fact it took me 12 months to convince her that we needed to spend the money on what I considered a worth while upgrade.

The ease of pulling up on site, activating the app via your phone from the driving seat, (not used the panel as I prefer to use the app), being perfectly level, rock steady in a matter of a couple of minutes and best of all, no heated exchange of words with my good lady because the spot/pitch I've chosen isn't quite level, is priceless(y)

We too use ours all the time regardless and again for the steadiness it provides. When you are ready to leave, all can be done again from the comfort of the driving seat; personally I start the engine, foot on brake and release the handbrake, in doing this it retracts the rams automatically; simples and remain dry if raining outside.

Note I said investment, we are in the process of part exchanging our current motorhome. The dealer wasn't interested and certainly no additional money on what the vehicle is worth. Therefore, a call to AS, instruction given how to remove and I'm booked in with them to have the system fitted to our new MH in July; happy days:D

@RogerThat in regard to your question have we ever been unable to level, the honest answer yes just recently during our trip to France. We were on the delightful Aire located at La Mailleraye sur Seine, the pitches at the waters edge slope down towards the river and our rams were at their max but we still weren't quite level. We could have moved to try and find somewhere flatter but hey, caused some international interest with the levelling system:D2

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks for the detailed update @Hellski (y)(y)

Interesting that the system can be moved to another vehicle. I guess you only need the 'mechanicals' and control panel removed from the old van and AS will install new hoses and wiring in the new one?

Good to know you've only found one pitch on the extreme end of the scale thus far.

Thanks once again for the update :)

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Thanks for the detailed update @Hellski (y)(y)

Interesting that the system can be moved to another vehicle. I guess you only need the 'mechanicals' and control panel removed from the old van and AS will install new hoses and wiring in the new one?

Good to know you've only found one pitch on the extreme end of the scale thus far.

Thanks once again for the update :)

In my instance, Phil at AS advised that the rear brackets will need to be changed due to going from a full Fiat chassis to an Alko. Hoses and wiring will depend on chosen location of pump. Phil confirmed these can be shortened or extended accordingly(y)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I've got outrigger pads already, to stop sinking in soft ground.

Re wooden blocks for when an additional lift may be required, I've got some new railway sleepers, 245mm wide and about 110mm high.

Was thinking I could just cut two 245m squares out?

But then I thought.... how often am I likely to ever need these? Am I over thinking stuff? Worrying about nothing? :oops:

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I've got outrigger pads already, to stop sinking in soft ground.

Re wooden blocks for when an additional lift may be required, I've got some new railway sleepers, 245mm wide and about 110mm high.

Was thinking I could just cut two 245m squares out?

But then I thought.... how often am I likely to ever need these? Am I over thinking stuff? Worrying about nothing? :oops:

Definitely would say you’re over thinking and worrying about nothing(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back