Hozelock Connections (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Feel free to consider me an idiot. I do.

Last year we had found that filling up the water tank was difficult and more seemed to flow down the side than into the tank. It took ages. A week ago, I lifted the cover and looked at the tank. To my surprise, there was a double male Hozelock connector jammed in the flexi hose connection between tank and water inlet. It must have come off as someone (the dealer?) put water in the bus.

So, I unscrewed the worm gear hose clamps and tried to remove the 6" length of flexi hose. Not a chance. It was more rigid than cast iron. It was looking like a job for the next time it goes into the workshop. I tightened clamps back up.

Then I looked again where the Hozelock connector was and simply opened the tank cover, reached an arm in and poked it out with a kebab skewer. What a pillock. To compound my stupidity, when I tested the filler to see whether water flowed easier and great, it went in just fine. Problem was that water dribbled out of the connector covering the floor. The worm gears were so cheap that, once removed, they could not tighten enough. Aarrgghh. Mrs DDJC not happy and comments about being a 'DIY arse', were heard.

Ordered JCS Hi-Grip hose clamps and job done.

So my top tip is look for the easy solution before you reach for the toolbox.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I found the flexi hose if it's the corrugated stuff splits fairly easy between the corrugations so best check its ok. If you need some I found the best and cheapest place is an aquatics shop.

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I found the flexi hose if it's the corrugated stuff splits fairly easy between the corrugations so best check its ok. If you need some I found the best and cheapest place is an aquatics shop.
No, the connection is about six inches of PVC reinforced tubing, about 3" diameter if I had to guess. This sort of stuff:
hose.jpg

I don't use the corrugated piping. Horrible stuff. Unwieldy and uncooperative in use. Originally, when I was tugging, I used it as a grey waste drain hose, but gunk gets trapped in the corrugations and it stank. I sourced a 1" diameter hose - same reinforced hose as above - and this, being smooth internally, is easier to wash through. And clear, so you can see how clean it is, or isn't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No, the connection is about six inches of PVC reinforced tubing, about 3" diameter if I had to guess. This sort of stuff:
View attachment 425416
I don't use the corrugated piping. Horrible stuff. Unwieldy and uncooperative in use. Originally, when I was tugging, I used it as a grey waste drain hose, but gunk gets trapped in the corrugations and it stank. I sourced a 1" diameter hose - same reinforced hose as above - and this, being smooth internally, is easier to wash through. And clear, so you can see how clean it is, or isn't.
I think thats a better bet although I'm pretty sure the stuff I used was corrugated on the outside but smooth inside

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Yep I've done exactly the same..lost the twisting hozelock spray nozzle down there in France motorway services ...right pain in the arse... Hot water helps to soften the tube to give you enough flex to pop one end off...oh and those cheap tin foil jubilee clips from the far East should be banned...

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Just another learning curve.☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun