LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All :thumb:

Hope everyone's ok and you all had a great weekend at Peterborough, weather must be getting better by now.
We left the Smokey Mountains last Friday after extending our stay, what a wonderfull place we fell in love with it. I managed to get Jan to go hiking in the mountains twice and horse riding once. When we were hiking I almost stepped on a rattlesnake, I was only 2 or 3 inches away, if it had'nt moved at me to warn me I think I'd have been a gonner. Needless to say my lovelly wife thought it was hilarious and was my punishment for taking her hiking. She did enjoy the horse riding though as when we were in the forest we came face to face with a huge black bear. The horses stopped in their tracks and did'nt move but the bear just ignored us and carried on foraging and then ambled off into the woods, it was amazing.
We're currently in Nashville Musuc City staying about 2 miles from downtown & about 5 minutes from The Grand Ole Opry. Went downtown the other day and had a drink in the bars, everyones got entertainment it was great even had the bar girls dancing on the bar and tables, had to tie Jan down as you can imagine. Saturday night we went to the Grand Ole Opry what a fun night its not like any other show we've been to. It's more like a group of old friends getting together its so informal strange at first but really good fun. Charlie Daniels was the star of the show he enjoyed it so much they could'nt get him off the stage.
Off to Memphis in the morning, heard a rumour on the campground grapevine that Elvis is alive and well, so we're off to find out. Let you know. :ROFLMAO:

3pics
1 Downtown Nashville with AT&T building in background
2 Me and a strange woman outside Hard Rock Cafe downtown Nashville
3 Campsite Nashville style
See you soon :thumb::thumb:
Rory & Jan

Florida017.jpg

Florida009.jpg

Florida037.jpg

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Hi Ror,

Glad to see you're having a good time.

Maybe you should stay in Nashville a little longer; Carrie Underwood is pserforming at the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday and will be inducted into the country music hall of fame.

If you must head off to Elvis land, my suggestion would be that you stay at Link Removed in West Memphis, which is actually across the river in Arkansas (Bill & Hillary country). We unfortunately stayed at the CG behind the Graceland Hotel across the street from Graceland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Tom
Yeah we looked at that site across from Graceland but it looked a bit grotty so we decided against it.

We're staying just South of Memphis. Got the site from Trailer Life Directory it's a Good Sams gets 3 x 9s on the scorechart and cheaper then the other. It suits us as we're heading down through Missisppi after a couple of days around Memphis.

Yeah we're really enjoying the states but don't know how people can claim to do it in 3 months. They must fly around at 100mph see nothing and just stop for a photo in the well known attractions. There's so much more to this country than that as we're finding out, after 3 months we've done 3 states and still missed more than we've seen. Can't wait for the next trip, planning it already.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Quite right Ror. I'm always telling visitors to the U.S. to slow down and smell the roses, but most don't listen.

We're currently in the Eastern Sierras, aka high Sierra, at approx 7,500 feet, in search of trout in some of the outstanding streams and lakes. The higher passes (10,000 feet) are still closed due to snow.

We've been along the Eastern Sierra many times, but I'm still finding streams I didn't know existed.

BTW are you a Good Sam member? Since you're staying at GS parks, you will get a discount. OTOH most CGs offer other discounts too. e.g. if you joined FMCA when you first bought the coach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nice pics Ror.

Glad you're having a Great Time over there.

Keep us posted.:Cool:

PS If you seel Elvis say Hi and get an Autograph.:winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back