How worried should I be - leaking window year old van (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Hi,

Over the past couple of years have been steadily gaining experience with motorhomes & been away as much as work allows!

We took delivery of a new van last summer - a Chausson that has had a few issues but now a Seitz window over the kitchen area has a substantial leak through a failed seal at the top right corner! This was noticed last week in Germany and I gaffa taped along the whole seal which has temporarily stopped the water ingress.

Contacted the dealer straight away & have it booked in.

This is the second major problem with windows - we're on our third panoramic window & it still doesn't fit properly! Dealer looking again at this also.

This is in addition to other more minor issues such as cupboard latches missing, bathroom tambour door not closing, decals peeling & the interior lights not operating as contacts not lined up (drop down bed) - all attended to with minor improvements noted.

We love the van with its transit base & layout which suits us perfectly atm - 2nd van success in that respect!

I've read lots of posts about some serious defects in other Van's & the heartache that goes with it !

I didn't feel I was in that category until this window leak so seeking guidance on dealing with the issue.

I intend to insist I see the window removed & any damage found - also going to check the area with a damp meter. Window could have been leaking internally since new for all I know!

Must admit to losing a little confidence in the van but trying to keep it in perspective - at what stage would a refund be requested or just accept the repairs?

Basically since delivery the van has never been without a window issue!

Have hesitated about giving the dealer a possible negative review so far but will do so after the next visit whatever the outcome!

Thanks for any advice, especially from funsters in/have been in this position!

Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Yes though there's a 7 year water ingress guarantee that I really don't want to test if I have a choice!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I really feel for you.... and you seem to be enjoying the van so its a great shame your having all these issues...

I’m afraid i would of handed it back on the second roof light change...

hope you get it sorted,,

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Don't worry about it.. Sooner or later all the leaks will be fixed, and it is not as if the dealer is being awkward :)

Even when the warranty ends a leaking window is not the end of the world..
Two years ago, after a run around the UK for a few weeks, we stopped off at Jims place.
I sorted out a leaky front window whilst on the pitch.. Took about an hour ( and it was a good repair cos it aint leaked since LOL! )

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Had a similar issue, repaired under warrentry.
Spoken with another Chausson owner who insusted every window was resealed when one if his went.
Told by our dealer , highbridge that chausson recommend 3nm force to tighten up the window bolts,( just info for the Fun community)

What is the issue with the panaromoc roof light?

Also check that your wall boards are not damp as i understand they are waterproof, so don’t dry out if water gets in behind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Had a similar issue, repaired under warrentry.
Spoken with another Chausson owner who insusted every window was resealed when one if his went.
Told by our dealer , highbridge that chausson recommend 3nm force to tighten up the window bolts,( just info for the Fun community)

What is the issue with the panaromoc roof light?

Also check that your wall boards are not damp as i understand they are waterproof, so don’t dry out if water gets in behind.

Good info

Panoramic window lifting on the corners at speeds around 60mph - last replacement is a dometic that is now lifting at the rear seal - doesn't look properly installed but will take it up with dealer.

cheers

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Two weeks ago my son and DIL bought a one year old Chausson Welcome from Premier Motorhomes at Chichester. Last weekend, their first night away, the dinette window leaked badly in quite heavy rain. The dealer has refitted/resealed it already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back