How were you bitten by the bug? (1 Viewer)

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming that is!

For myself, i had a Kiwi flatmate with a 1972 VW combi.
He said to me one day "How do you fancy a Month around Europe"
I ended up doing the Aussie/Kiwi van trip around Europe and loved every minit!
I was hooked ever since!
Luckily i have an occupation that made it easy for me to buy a camper and work anywhere!

Last edited:

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Friends of ours did a year long tour of Europe and we flew out to see them twice in Spain and Portugal. Became addicted! When they came home and bought a 5th Wheel to live in we then became even greener with envy at the relaxed way of life and decided to go for it.

Good thing was that I was being made redundant (voluntarily) so we just sold the house and went. ::bigsmile:

Absolutely no regrets and we are now starting our 4th year. We are both working this entire year as we want to upgrade the van to an RV - bummer, but hey ho, we are still in a chilled way of life. ::bigsmile:

EDIT: Incidentally, their tour was in a VW Camper .. was a little cramped with 4 of us in it (we took a tent) but it was so so so relaxing. VW's have that effect on me I think!

pilote

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
10 years
How you were you bitten by bug

We got fed up of Hotel,s not taking Dogs & charging the earth if they did,So that was IT,Also being a Truck Driver I liked driving So that as it:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Motorhoming that is!

.......inherited from my father.
Started (my father that is) in 1968 when I was 4 with a Bedford CA Dormobile Romany.
Ah, the joy of those roof top bunks and waking up with a sopping wet through sleeping bag cos of all the condensation off the canvass lift up roof!

C

Chugalug

Deleted User
The B&B's and hotel's did it for me!
Definitions they use :
The room has a sea-view - only if you stand on a chair and peer through a tiny hole in the wall.

Ensuite - a shower so small you can't bend down to pick up the soap or you cant close the door without amputating something.

Comfortable accomodation - lumpy-bumpy matress and too few pillows.

Gourmet menu - the owner experiments with cooking and it all tastes terrible.

Luxury features - little bottles of dishwashing liquid and funny cream in tiny bottles labelled shampoo, body lotion and shower gel. Don't you hate them?

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Don't know how we got the bug, it's just kinda natural, my parents had a camper when I was younger & Dawns were tuggers, so both been campers since we were in nappies, guess its in the blood but were still learning:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back