bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
How well do you sleep in your motorhome, is it any different with an A Class C Class Or PVC, :D we have had all 3 but one had separate single beds one we had a double each and this one the PVC Janie climbs over me so transverse bed, or is it no difference but the mattress that is the key to a good nights sleep.:D2

We are looking at changing but we can't find what we want in a panel van because our transverse double we have a mattress each, but all the ones we have seen the bed is made up with at least 3 pieces, and the trouble is we like our van and that makes is worse.
:LOL: Bob.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had bespoke shape Duvalay topper made for transverse double so really comfy & sleep as well if not better than at home but think that getting out & about in the fresh air more helps :)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
we have a memory foam mattress in the van [drop down bed over cab] and it has windows at each side so we can have a breeze if it is hot. Snug in the cold . Sleep like logs in van -much better than at home; the 3 grandkids like to scramble up there and 'spy' out of the windows; bed is huge and comfy; think the mattress and the temperature is the key tho .

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We tend to sleep better. One reason is that the bedroom in our van is pretty much blacked out with all the blinds closed and the door closed. It's certainly darker than our bedroom at home.

We have an island bed in the van. This is a non negotiable for us. We go to bed and get up at different times so the island bed means we don't need to climb over each other. We also hate with a passion overcab and drop down beds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have 2 length ways (tried to spell longitudinal and couldn't do it:LOL:) beds and sleep great in our PVC.

What van do you have, the other thing I forgot to mention is I need to get it in LHD. :doh:
Had bespoke shape Duvalay topper made for transverse double so really comfy & sleep as well if not better than at home but think that getting out & about in the fresh air more helps :)

Yes we had a topper on our caravan but could not believe our heavy they are, :eek: we rent our apartment in summer so pay load is essential, but that will be worth considering. (y) Bob.

Tent and Mo-home....

Take turns in sleeping in each...

Problem solved... (y)

Thats not a good idea Mo :rolleyes: if we had a barney and I was in the tent she would drive off and leave me. :LOL: Bob.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
What van do you have, the other thing I forgot to mention is I need to get it in LHD. :doh:
Currently a coachbuilt Chausson (does have one piece mattress but more comfy with Duvalay) but that will be up for sale soon as have ordered one of these in LHD https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...n-van-conversion-high-spec-good-price.166989/ which does have many sections for the bed so will try the topper or maybe have a one piece bespoke mattress made if not comfortable as it is - Duvalay do bespoke mattresses to but also many others to consider. We would only use the "pop up wardrobe" for storing things we only need occasional access to as most of our clothes are folded & in the lockers.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Like a log, in the Buccaneer I slept in the over cab an Syl slept on the side bed, in the Fleetwood we got single beds ,no worries (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We both sleep very well, it's a Hymer a class drop down and the mattress is one piece and real comfy.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We both sleep very well, it's a Hymer a class drop down and the mattress is one piece and real comfy.

When we had the Eura Mobil Janie had the drop down, and had the double over the garage yes very comfortable, ;) but ........... I like her climbing over me in the van Larry. :rofl: :imoutahere: Bob.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Our bed is a permanent one, raised over a garage. It is made up of 2 single matteresses with a smaller 3rd one in the middle. We got a 2 inch foam mattresses to go on top in the shape of the 3 matteresses (so couldn’t feel the gaps if we stretched out.

Very comfortable, we sleep as well as we do at home, better really due to the blackout blinds and being tired due to more walking/fresh air/ funsters evening entertainment:D

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When we had the Eura Mobil Janie had the drop down, and had the double over the garage yes very comfortable, ;) but ........... I like her climbing over me in the van Larry. :rofl: :imoutahere: Bob.

I sleep on the outside as I do pay frequent visits during the night, but it is a surprise pleasure when Win crawls over me on the rare occasion :D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
In our N+B Arto69GL transverse bed on the original 13 year-old mattress(one piece) king-size we probably sleep better than at home. It is a nuisance climbing over Basia for the loo, but fortunately she goes back to sleep very easily.

Island bed might be preferable but to change MH just for that does not make sense - yet.

Geoff

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Bob when we had the Frankia had a transverse bed , we had two lots of Duvalay on it, found it very uncomfortable, but now we have an island bed, no toppers , two mattresses with those plastic type springs, very comfy indeed...

Nothing like a good nites sleep....

Hope you find those zzzzzzz's

Kath

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
In the landrover its made of three cushions 5inch deep with a memory foam overlay so you dont notice the gaps , It is very comfortable but very "snug" so good in colder weather , In hot weather too close together so tend to disturb each other a bit .
In the RV its about 10inch with memory top , and queen sized island , so its better pretty much as good as it gets warm or cold weather :) So its really working with what you can use to get the best result you can taking into a/c the conditions prevailing , and individuals priorities.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
How well do you sleep in your motorhome

I find the amount of sleep I have in the van inexplicably linked to the amount of
0314.png
consumed that evening?!

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Bob when we had the Frankia had a transverse bed , we had two lots of Duvalay on it, found it very uncomfortable, but now we have an island bed, no toppers , two mattresses with those plastic type springs, very comfy indeed...

Nothing like a good nites sleep....

Hope you find those zzzzzzz's

Kath

It's not zzzzzzz's we need Kath :LOL: it's finding one we can agree on, although we prefer another PVC because they are so easy and we can park at the apartment we could go bigger again and put it in storage because while we are here it hardly goes anywhere. :rolleyes:
(y) Bob.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
But its so disappointing when they decide to keep going :(
Just realised I said "they" , doesn't sound correct , I obviously meant she singular:). BUT thirty odd years ago;););).

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have an older challenger with an end bed , memory foam mattress with a gel infused topper very comfy and I sleep better in the camper than I do at home , even better when parked up at warmer climes :D
IMG_20171010_151435.jpg
IMG_20171010_151907.jpg

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Have an older challenger with an end bed , memory foam mattress with a gel infused topper very comfy and I sleep better in the camper than I do at home , even better when parked up at warmer climes :DView attachment 209611 View attachment 209612
Need to lie across that one to get the "climb over option" , plenty headroom though for the more adventurous:D.
This thread is going downhill fast , where are the moderators:):):):):).
All good clean fun though.
john

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmmm, not sure ... sometimes I sleep really well in the camper (PVC with a transverse bed) but that might be more down to being more knackered than when at home! :D

I am a chronic bad sleeper anyway so even a remotely 'good' sleep is fantastic for me! (y)

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It seems that most people need a topper on the bed even on a one piece mattress, as I mentioned in a previous post we had one in our caravan, but that never had a foam mattress. :D2
Looks like we will have to keep looking, but as we spend a long period in the motorhome payload is very important and we know toppers are not light. :eek:

Maybe we should be looking for a vehicle built for resting in. :LOL: Bob.

20180129_083003.jpg

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our Swift Esprit had a permanent French bed with the Duvalay mattress. Very comfortable but I found the cut-off corner a bit of a pain and it was narrower than a domestic bed.

Our PVC has what is basically a domestic size bed when made up using the four seat seat cushions. We use a duvet on top of the cushions as a “topper” to even out the cushions. The cushions have no rolled edges so lie flat.

So far we prefer the additional space and sleep really well on a comfortable bed.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
That's the problem we don't like all the bits making the bed , we looked at a Rapido with the French bed, Yes good bathroom but the bed is very narrow. :LOL:
But thanks for all the input. (y) Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back